Good to know
The New Balance NM 288 has a padded collar and tongue for support during high landings. The pull tab on the heel is present for easiness in taking on this pair. The NB NM 288 has the lace-up fastening system for a secure fit. The New Balance NM 288 is available in men’s sizes.
The low-top New Balance NM 288 showcases a classic low-cut profile inspired from an indoor court model. This lifestyle shoe has a premium suede upper with a gum outsole, which perfectly combines that casual and sporty look. The well-padded collar and tongue enhances the comfort for an all-day wearing without feeling chunky.
The perforations on the vamp contribute to the ventilation of this pair suitable for the warm days. Most users recommend sporting this skate shoe with baggy pants, tees and plaids. The New Balance NM 288 is a must-have casual shoe for an all-day wearing.
The most notable feature of the New Balance NM 288 is the upper that has a very luxurious appeal. It is made of premium suede material with tonal lace and contrasted N branding. Many buyers feel surprise knowing that this plush looking shoe is found at the affordable price point.
“Endorsed by No One” is the unique philosophy of New Balance which makes them stand out from the other brands. New Balance began to operate in Massachusetts in 1906 and started by offering orthopedic shoes.
New Balance ventured into designing orthopedic shoes for baseball and track and field athletes in the 1930s. Numerous athletes go to their office to have their tailored fit orthopedic shoes. 70 years after, New Balance reached the national stage and further expanded their product line to cater wider audiences.
New Balance created a sub-brand that offers products for skateboarders. They dubbed it as the New Balance Numeric or NB#. The NB# has been uncovering some of its archived classic models and re-engineer it with innovative updates to fit the skateboarding essentials.
The NB 288 is one of the offerings of the New Balance Numeric line. It features a heritage style of classic indoor court shoe that has been tweaked to make it suitable for the skater’s demands.
- The New Balance NM 288 weighs 16 oz.
- The toecap is a single-piece that is excellent for tricks. It is laser-etched and skaters will have no issues when they do their flip tricks. This one piece toe reduces the seams therefore lessens the chance of falling apart, prematurely.
- This pair has an extra heel panel for durability during heel flips.
- The cupsole has crating in the heel for an optimized protection during impact.
- The midsole is thick at the heel for superb impact protection and thin on the toe for an excellent board feel.
- The tongue has elastic band inside to keep it centered all the time.
- All the New Balance Numeric products can only be bought in the skate shops.