Who should buy the New Balance Leather 928 v3
The New Balance Leather 928 v3 is a solid option for you if:
- You are looking for a shoe that could stay comfortable for several hours.
- You prefer a walking companion with different width dimensions to allow you to choose the right fit.
- A sneaker that helps alleviate feet, legs, and back discomfort is what you are after.
Who should not buy the New Balance Leather 928 v3
For folks in search of a shoe that offers absolute comfort, the Leather 928 v3 may not be for them. Its short tongue can cause its laces to dig into the instep while its rocklike sole unit may not be too pleasant for the foot. Also, its expensive price tag will also not appeal to wearers looking for a budget-friendly shoe. Lastly, fashion-conscious people might not like how this shoe was styled. They might want to have a look at other walking shoes by New Balance to suit their needs.
Updates to New Balance Leather 928 v3
- The third iteration of the New Balance 928 brings with it comfiness for all-day use. It has the successful features from the first two versions.
- As the name implies, the Leather 928 v3 is the leather variation of the original New Balance 928 v3. The foot is wrapped in supportive leather material, but the collar is lined with mesh that keeps the inside ventilated.
- The midsole of the shoe is made of compression-molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (CMEVA), a type of foam with shock-absorbing properties. The midfoot and forefoot areas have an additional ABZORB unit that keeps the foot comfortable with each step.
- The shoe is equipped with technologies that control the movement of the foot for a steady gait. The Rollbar at the heel section is a posting system that limits rearfoot movement. The Walking Strike Path enhances stability as it guides the foot through the walking gait cycle.
- Lining the underside of the footwear is the Ndurance rubber compound. This material is durable and provides traction on most surfaces.
Size and fit
The New Balance Leather 928 v3 comes in both men’s and women’s sizes and generally runs true to size. Like most walking shoes from New Balance, it is available in B - Narrow, D - Medium, 2E - Wide, 4E - Extra Wide, 6E - Extra Wide width options for the men’s version. The women’s model is obtainable in 2A - Narrow, B - Medium, D - Wide, 2E - Extra Wide, 4E - Extra Wide widths.
Long-lasting and grippy bottom
The Ndurance rubber makes up the bottom of the New Balance Leather 928 v3. This proprietary technology withstands the wear and tear of everyday use. It provides traction on most surfaces. It is also non-marking, so it doesn’t leave scuff marks on polished floors. The rear section has a slight slope that allows the footwear to land softly and roll to the flat part of the outsole with ease.
This model also employs the Walking Strike Path innovation. It is an off-centered band of rubber that guides the foot during the walking gait cycle so that it smoothly rolls from the heel to the toes with each step. Flex grooves in the forefoot assist during flexion.
A cozy footbed
The New Balance Leather 928 v3 has various technologies for its midsole that ensure a comfortable footbed. The primary platform is made from CMEVA, a type of foam that is resilient, so it doesn’t compress quickly, but is still soft to attenuate the shock from each stride.
Extending from the midfoot to the toes is the ABZORB technology. This component serves as an extra layer of impact-absorbing cushioning that prevents pain or discomfort in the lower extremities.
The Rollbar® posting system fortifies the heel section. It is made of a molded plate under the heel that connects the medial and the lateral postings to reduce rear-foot movement. The structure prevents overpronation and supination as it doesn't allow the foam midsole to compress.
The cushioning unit is shaped like a rocker which aids in the heel-to-toe-off motion. It minimizes the stress on the ball and the toes of the foot as the rocking motion reduces the need for plantar flexion.
The Leather 928 v3 also has a removable polyurethane (PU) sockliner. The material prevents the growth of odor- and infection-causing microorganisms. It is soft and provides an additional layer of protection to the foot. Users have the option of replacing the insert with orthotic insoles if needed.
The New Balance Leather 928 v3's upper unit
The upper of the New Balance Leather 928 v3 is made from leather. This material is supportive and gives the top part of the shoe its structure. Perforations in the vamp allow heat to dissipate.
Leather overlays on the toe box protect it from impact and abrasion. Midfoot overlays provide additional lateral support when the laces are tightened. The material also serves as an external heel counter that anchors the foot to the midsole and prevents it from wobbling.
The footwear has a traditional lacing system with round laces that keep the foot securely in place. The padded tongue serves as a barrier between the laces and the instep. It also keeps the top of the foot comfortable.
The plush collar also helps in locking the foot down to prevent it from slipping out of the unit while the user is in motion. It is lined with mesh fabric to ventilate the foot chamber.
The interior of the Leather 928 v3 has a Phantom Liner that gives a great in-shoe feel. This seamless material delivers a sock-like fit that prevents blisters.