New Balance BB480: From classic hoops to present-day street trainers
When deliberating about New Balance, we can't avoid thinking about premium construction, expensive sneakers, and made in USA products. However, if we look past that, there are several affordable sneaker options the New Balance offers. One of them is the New Balance BB480.
The NB BB480 was the modernized version of an 80s NB model that premiered as premium basketball footwear. NB renewed it with present-day features creating a casual-appropriate iteration.
Features to check out:
Displaying a style almost similar to the NB 550, the BB480 is outfitted with few noticeable details:
- It is coated with a sturdy and luxurious leather upper.
- The inserted Ortholite sockliner keeps the feet dry and free from germs.
- It has ample collar padding for support and perforations on the toe box for ventilation.
- It has a grippy utilitarian rubber cupsole with stitched foxing tape for added durability.
What's the update?
To give a fresh revamp to the retro-styled BB480, NB partnered with several names to add a few tweaks to the classic BB480:
- Junya Watanabe. Giving a new breath to BB480, the Comme des Garcons Japanese designer updated the BB480 with a color-blocked look while retaining all the popular elements. Watanabe branding is showcased on the insole and heel.
- Kawhi Leonard. Paying homage to his favorite childhood candy, Jolly Rancher, the NBA Superstar reworked the BB480 with white leather upper and candy-colored rubber outsole.