Who should buy the New Balance 840 v3
The 840 v3 from New Balance is a road running shoe that is created to provide all-day comfort for wearers. Go for this shoe if:
- You need a comfortable shoe that can handle long-distance runs
- You are on the heavier side and need a cushioned running shoe for daily use
- You have moderate to high arch and need a neutral pronation shoe with adequate support
Updates to the New Balance 840 v3
- Increased cushioning in the midsole for more comfort
- A more flexible upper construction to make it more adaptable and contoured for all foot shapes
- Bigger and deeper grooves for more flexibility and better mobility
A long-lasting outsole
The outsole has non-aggressive treads and is covered with blown rubber for the most part for better traction. Shielding the high-impact areas is the durable Ndurance rubber for an enduring outsole lifespan. These outsole elements are also present in the New Balance 840 v4.
The 840 v3’s resilient cushioning
A full-length EVA provides decent cushioning and durability in the outsole. New Balance made the ride a bit softer by using the ABZORB foam in the shoe. It is a top of the line midsole foam that offers excellent shock-absorbing features and resiliency. Together, they make the cushioning slightly softer, more durable, and with better shock dispersal.
A breathable and flexible upper
The topmost layer is made of open mesh, which ensures breathability and flexibility. The Phantom Liner supports the mesh panels and improves the structural control of the shoe. The tongue is padded while a Dual Density Collar Foam offers better step-in comfort and helps keep the heel in place.