The New Balance 574 Classic is a sneaker that is available in men’s and women’s sizing. It has a lace-up fastening system that provides a snug and customizable fit.
The New Balance 574 Classic has an ageless combination of mesh and suede that goes well with a lot of outfits. According to New Balance, it’s a mashup of two sneakers. The shoe symbolizes originality and ingenuity.
The New Balance 574 Classic stays true to the comfort that original silhouette has brought to its users since its conception. The EVA foam midsole keeps the foot cushioned. It absorbs the shock during each step, making it a shoe that can be worn for long hours. The ENCAP at the heel also keeps the foot protected. By keeping the comfort of the original, it’s no surprise that people still buy this model.
New Balance unveiled the 574 Classic that was stirred from an advanced running shoe initially released in the year 1988. The performance-ready silhouette has an attractive look that made it a wardrobe staple. It has reached iconic status and is often tweaked by the American footwear company.
The original shoe has an upper that’s made of either suede-and-mesh combo or leather. The ENCAP midsole technology serves as the protector and shock reducer.
Reworks of the New Balance 574 silhouette started appearing in 2003. It became a canvas for experimental colorways and collaborations. One popular collaboration is the New Balance 574 “Wu-Tang” Custom created by the company with American rapper Raekwon the Chef. The yellow and black color scheme was inspired by the “Killa Bees” aesthetic.
Over the years, artists were also seen wearing New Balance 574s. Yasiin Bey a.k.a. Mos Def wore these kicks in a promotional photo for the Black Star album with Talib Kweli. Pharell was also seen wearing some blue suede/grey and grey suede colorways of the 574 during some of his performances.
- Cushioning comes from the EVA midsole/heel.
- The New Balance 574 Classic package has extra laces.
- The customization feature comes at a significantly higher price.
- The 574 silhouette has similarities with the New Balance 577 which was created for the Israeli Army.
- The shoe is tagged as “Classic” with its mix of mesh and suede which was used with the original model.
- The tongue and collar of the shoes are padded.
- The N Logo can be found on both the lateral and medial sides. The NB Logo and 574 label are on the tongue.