Good to know
The New Balance 247 Luxe shoes are available both in men’s and women’s versions. The heels have additional paddings for better foot lockdown. They also have a sock-like bootie construction, which snugly hugs the feet. The running shoe DNA of these kicks continues to shine as they give the sneakers decent hold and support.
The shoes have a snug feel, sometimes just a little too much depending on foot width. The collars and midfoot can feel narrow.
The New Balance 247 Luxe sneakers are sleek-looking, heritage-inspired silhouettes boasting of premium-grade materials that make the shoes great for dress up and dress down events. The low-top sneakers are designed to be worn from dusk till dawn. The buttery leather uppers are combined with synthetic nubuck stretch booties, which harmonize craftsmanship and fashion. It is easy to see why they are one of New Balance’s most sought-after shoes.
- New Balance 247 Luxe shoes in white (white/brown) would look nice when paired with grey joggers, a white shirt, and a black jacket.
- Pair selvedge denim with a white tee, a beige jacket, and New Balance 247 Luxe kicks in brown (brown/white) for a supremely cool yet laidback look.
- New Balance 247 Luxe shoes in Triple Black will go well with ripped black jeans, a black sweater, and a tan bag for color contrast.
- New Balance 247 Luxe women's shoes with a greyish tone (flat white with sea salt) looks good with blue jeans, a white V-neck blouse, and a camel coat.
The entire shoes are basically very prominent as they are a combination of a few of New Balance’s most recognizable shoes, like the 574 and the 998. One can see hints of these iconic silhouettes in the form of the 247 Luxe kicks. The classic but still trendy platform allows the user to be very versatile in his or her style.
The premium look of the shoes is brought about by the nubuck leather that is also quite durable. As this material forms a midfoot cage, the shoes continue to retain the excellent midfoot hold that was very common among the shoes that the 247 Luxe sneakers are based on.
The gum outsoles are another superb feature of the shoes as they bring serious traction and durability. Style-wise, they offer a contrast to the almost tonal look of the uppers.
The 247 New Balance Luxe shoes are the high-end version of the American footwear company’s lifestyle sneakers designed for everyday use. They were launched in January of 2017 in four colorways, one of which is an exclusive Friends and Family release with a limited 247 pairs.
The core model: New Balance 247
The core model of the 247 Luxe by New Balance is the 247. The 247 shoes took design cues from three silhouettes, namely, the 574, 998, and 1300JP, which is interesting enough. What makes the story more compelling is that the New Balance company used leftover material from one of the shoes’ predecessors to create these excellent leisure kicks.
The 1300 JP’s influence can be seen on the sneaker’s forefoot. 1300 was a running silhouette of the mid-80s known by many runners as the ‘shoe counterpart of luxury cars.’ The shoes had ample cushioning and the much-admired Vibram outsoles.
The REVlite soles of the 247 are inspired by that of the 998, which is one of the most recognizable silhouettes in the NB collection partly due to their large ABZORB midsoles.
The 247 released in December of 2016.
The Luxe 247 by New Balance
New Balance Luxe 247 sneakers are expert recreations of the 247 shoes using even better materials. Featuring superior craftsmanship, the 247 Luxe shoes feature full-grain and buttery-soft leather uppers, stretch synthetic nubuck cleaties, and asymmetrical perforation accents.
The shoes were first available in four shades. The Friends and Family version had greyish nubuck uppers with teal toes. It came with a custom bag and a luxury leather “passport.” The other colorways were tan, black, and white which all came with contrasting brown accents.
Brian Lynn, NB’s Senior Product Manager of Global Lifestyle, explains that the 247 Luxe shoes are the perfect 24/7 companions to modern consumers because of their versatility. It does not matter whether they’re in a casual or formal setting. They stand out and look good in either case.
- A Luxe Pack 2.0 was brought out in 2018 containing pig suede uppers instead of premium leather.
- The Luxe Pack 2.0 first came out featuring the same trio of colorways as the initial release of the New Balance Luxe 247 silhouette.
- 247 Luxe sneakers are one of several iterations of the 247. The others include 247 Classic, 247 Sport, and 247 Leather.
- A launch party for the New Balance 247 Luxe was held in major cities across different parts of the world.
- The REVlite foam covers the entire midsole for lightweight responsiveness.