|Features:||Lightweight | Breathable|
|Weight:||Men: 292g | Women: 241g|
|Width:||Narrow, Normal | Normal|
|Material:||Mesh upper, Rubber sole, Vibram sole|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Red|
|SKUs:||J19570, J19922, J19924, J48611, J48613, J48615, J48617, J84764, J84813|
- The second version of the Merrell Waterpro Maipo comes with a revamped look using new materials. Exiting this iteration is the Lycra and neoprene stretch collar. The Merrell hiker is now designed with a contoured and slightly padded collar for comfort and flexibility. A pull loop at the heel is also an addition.
- Underfoot, it now carries a compression-molded EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning. A supportive Kinetic Fit Base insole replaces the hydro drainage footbed. It still employs a Vibram outsole with 3.5 mm deep lugs. The rockered form of its midsole and outsole promotes a smooth transition.
The Merrell men’s and women’s Waterpro Maipo 2 water hiking shoe is generally true to size. It is available in medium width only and comes in full and half sizes. The integrated webbing used in its traditional lace-up closure optimizes fit. A metal loop is placed at the straps in the midfoot and near the ankle areas to enable users to customize the overall shoe volume.
Rendering hikers a grippy and secure ride is a Vibram TC5+ outsole. Its lugs are 3.5 mm deep which provides adherence to most types of terrain. Its non-marking siped design enables it to bite into the ground, whether wet or dry. The placement and design of its lugs promote automatic drainage of water to prevent slipping. The sole is slightly extended upwards at the toe to enhance protection against rocky terrain.
Featuring a compression-molded ethylene-vinyl acetate or EVA midsole, the Merrell Waterproof Maipo 2 water shoe grants cushioning to users. This lightweight material renders comfort without adding bulk to the hiker’s foot.
The EVA midsole of the lightweight hiker is paired with the brand’s very own Kinetic Fit Base insole. This removable footbed provides arch support. Its top layer has perforations for enhanced performance in water activities.
The Waterpro Maipo 2 from Merrell is a breathable summer hiking shoe which uses a water-friendly synthetic and mesh upper. It has a toe guard which protects users against bumps and accidental knocks.
Its lacing system features an integrated webbing which enables hikers to manage fit. Its lace cord passes through a series of loops that are directly attached to the shoe’s upper, also providing structure. A heel tab assists in on and off.
It is recommended to clean the Merrell Waterpro Maipo 2 after every hike to extend its usable life. The below tips might be helpful:
- Remove surface and stuck dirt using a soft, bristled brush.
- Wash the shoes using mild soap and warm water. When rinsing, make sure that there are no remaining soap suds as residue may harm the shoe’s integrity.
- Dry the water hiking shoes naturally. Do not put them under direct heat to facilitate drying.