Merrell Siren Edge Q2
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
85% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Updates to Merrell Siren Edge Q2
- The Merrell women’s Siren Edge Q2 hiker replaces the Siren Edge. The second version now comes with a synthetic and mesh upper while still carrying on the style of its lacing system. It is lighter than the previous model.
- New in this iteration is the brand’s Q Form 2 platform. This technology includes a dual-density foam midsole, heel-centering mechanism, and a Kinetic Fit Tri insole. It renders comfort, support, and enhances each stride.
- From its predecessor’s Vibram outsole, the Siren Edge Q2 is now equipped with the proprietary M Select Grip. It provides traction on various ground surfaces.
Size and fit
A day hiking shoe that reasonably runs true to size, the Merrell Siren Edge Q2 caters to female outdoor enthusiasts. It is offered in standard width and regular sizes. Its traditional lace-up closure allows hikers to customize fit, as desired.
The Merrell Siren Edge Q2 has an M Select Grip outsole. It has self-cleaning lugs that are 4.5 mm deep and can bite into different ground surfaces, whether wet or dry. At the front, this durable sole slightly extends upward to act as a protective bumper. The unit is designed with three colors which match the style of the upper.
This low-cut hiking shoe features the Q Form 2 platform. It’s a gender-specific bi-density foam midsole that delivers lightweight cushioning and promotes a more efficient stride. The unit is divided into four quadrants that are color coded. The designers fine-tuned its thickness and densities to create support, stability and comfort. Additionally, the brand engineers incorporated a molded nylon shank for underfoot firmness.
Its heel-centering technology, when compressed upon ground contact, creates a heel cup that stabilizes the foot. It also includes a Kinetic Fit Tri insole which supports foot’s three major arches: the medial longitudinal arch, lateral longitudinal arch, and anterior transverse arch (which runs from side to side near the ball of the foot). It is treated with M Select Fresh for keeping the in-shoe environment odor-free.
The Siren Edge Q2 from Merrell has a mesh upper for optimal breathability. It has synthetic overlays shaped like a ribcage to add durability and help maintain its structure. Its tongue and collar are cushioned to provide comfort.
The closure system of this hiking shoe includes a round lace which goes through fabric loops and a pair of plated eyelets. The tongue is kept in place by a lace keeper. A pull loop at the back of the foot aids in on and off. The brand name can be seen on the lateral side of the shoe, near the collar. The brand logo, on the other hand, is found in the top section of the tongue.
- This shoe comes in a waterproof version. It is lined with the Merrell’s M Select Dry membrane.
- For hikers who prefer protection for their ankles, this silhouette comes in mid-top offerings.
- The Siren collection was born in the year 2007. It was created for women and by women. After 10 years, the design team decided to improve its materials and brought forth the Siren Q2 line. The main highlight of this collection is the Q Form 2.
- Its midsole technology, Q Form 2, is also featured in Merrell’s casual footwear for women.