Who should buy the Merrell Siren Edge 3
The Merrell Siren Edge 3 is a stylish hiker designed specifically for women. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that is suitable for wet and dry surfaces.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers support to the 3 arches of the foot.
Updates to the Merrell Siren Edge 3
- This versatile hiker features a mesh and 3D-printed TPU upper with nylon arch shank and a removable contoured insole that provides support to the three arches of the foot.
- Another change from its predecessor (Siren Edge Q2) is the addition of a Vibram outsole that suits wet and dry surfaces and performs well on both level and sloping grounds.
Size and fit
The Merrell Siren Edge 3 women's shoes are constructed using an engineered last designed specifically for a woman's foot. This is to ensure a precise and comfortable fit. It has a traditional lace-up closure for a personalized fit and a lightly padded tongue and collar for enhanced comfort, protection, and support.
Excellent grip on dry and wet surfaces
The newest Siren Edge is equipped with the Vibram TC5+ outsole which is made of a long-wearing rubber compound. It sticks nicely to dry and wet surfaces, as well as leveled and sloping grounds. However, the lugs are not too deep which makes it less ideal for rugged terrain.
For the midsole, this shoe features EVA foam that is known for its lightness and flexibility. Reinforcing the cushioning system is the Kinetic Fit Tri removable insole which is contoured like the foot. This footbed offers absolute arch coverage and advanced heel lock which is greatly beneficial for women who suffer from foot pain and similar conditions. Nonetheless, since it's removable, the wearer can use their own orthotics.
Keeps the feet stable when walking and running
Between the insole and the outsole is a nylon shank as part of the shoe's supportive structure and helps keep the feet stable when walking or running.
A capable hiker best used for light hiking in the summer, the Siren Edge 3 boasts a mesh and 3D-printed TPU upper. More than a style, the 3D TPU overlays keep the structure of the shoe and offer additional support for the foot. This shoe doesn't have a waterproof membrane so needless to say, it's very breathable. However, it's not ideal for really wet conditions. Good thing it's made of mesh so it dries pretty fast after exposure to moisture.
Nice to know
- The Merrell Siren Edge 3 is a vegan-friendly product.
- It also comes in a waterproof and a mid-top version.