Who should buy the Merrell Moab 2 Prime Waterproof
Merrell Moab 2 Prime Waterproof is great for outdoor adventures and casual activities around the town. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers protection against the elements.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that creates good traction on uneven ground.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that absorbs shock and enhances foot stability.
Updates to Merrell Moab 2 Prime Waterproof
- The Moab 2 Prime Waterproof features a full-grain leather upper that offers protection against the elements. Its tongue and collar are all made of suede.
- It is equipped with the Vibram TC5+ outsole that has 5mm lugs - deep enough to create good traction on uneven ground. Additionally, the Merrel Air cushion in the heel section absorbs shock and enhances foot stability.
- This hiking shoe is lined with M Select Dry impermeable membrane that protects against water intrusion.
Size and fit
The Merrell Moab 2 Prime Waterproof men’s and women's shoe is a low-top hiker with an upper that adapts to the shape of the foot, thanks to its all-leather construction. There’s enough padding in the collar and tongue for a snug yet comfortable fit. Moreover, this hiking shoe also features webbing loops for secure lacing.
Solid traction on wet and dry surfaces
This shoe outsole has a lug depth of 5mm which creates solid traction on wet and dry surfaces. Deep lugs are specifically advantageous when taking long hikes because they offer increased grip.
Durable, thick, and long-lasting
The sole of Moab 2 Prime Waterproof is made by Vibram - a leading manufacturer of rubber outsoles. Vibram soles are well-known for their durability, thickness, and longevity.
This shoe is made with compression-molded EVA that offers good support and cushioning without the bulk. Compression molding involves inserting a chunk of EVA into a mold, pressing it down until the desired cut, shape, and design are achieved, after which it is attached to the upper and outsole.
Shock-absorbing and flexible cushioning
Aside from being lightweight, EVA midsoles have a high bounce rate, which is very important in impact reduction and shock absorption.
Like other Moab shoes, this model comes with a removable contoured footbed called Kinetic Base insole that offers additional cushioning, support, and flexibility.
Unlike the earlier version of the Moab Prime, the current model features an all-leather upper. The quarter, vamp, and overlays are made of full-grain leather while the tongue and the collar are made of suede.
Lining the shoe interior is the M Select™ DRY impermeable membrane which uses moisture-wicking technology to retain a cool environment for the foot while keeping it dry when the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Offers stable platform
Just like the other Moab 2 shoes, this model features the Merrell Air Cushion for added stability and shock absorption. It also has a molded nylon arch shank which provides firmness to the outsole so the foot has a more stable platform.