Who should buy the Merrell Choprock Sieve
The Merrell Choprock Sieve is a water-friendly hiker that dries fast and sticks nicely to wet and dry surfaces. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that has integrated webbing loops for a secure fit.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that channels out water quickly and more efficiently.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that is designed to grip dry and wet surfaces.
Updates to Merrell Choprock Sieve
- This version of the popular Choprock water hiking shoe features integrated webbing loops for a secure fit. Bigger holes on the sides of the upper are also added to channel out water quickly and more efficiently.
- Its midsole has the Hydramorph water channels to keep the water out and promote ventilation. For added support and cushioning, this is also equipped with the water-friendly Kinetic Fit Base removable contoured EVA insole.
- Designed to grip dry and wet surfaces, the Merrell Choprock Sieve men's and women's hiking shoes feature the Vibram Megagrip outsole with aggressive lug pattern for enhanced grip and traction.
Size and fit
The Choprock Sieve is a low-cut shoe with a flexible mesh upper for freedom of movement. It has a thin yet stiff collar for ankle support, and an integrated web lacing system for a secure fit. There's also a pull tab at the back for easy on and off.
Long-wearing and highly resistant to abrasion
This water hiker is equipped with a grippy Megagrip outsole developed by Vibram. It's made of a highly durable rubber compound that is long-wearing and highly resistant to abrasion.
Excellent traction on uneven ground and rugged terrain
It also features multidirectional lugs that are 5mm-deep, which are great for traversing uneven ground and rugged terrain, including muddy trails. There are grooves or siping in the heel area which help channel out water, preventing the wearer from slipping.
Lightweight and flexible
The Choprock Sieve comes with a compression-molded EVA midsole that is lightweight, flexible, and shock-absorbing. What makes this hiker unique is the presence of holes in the midsole itself. These holes are designed to promote ventilation and water extraction.
Thus, when you move out of the water, you won't be bothered by having to deal with heavy shoes and soaked feet. For added comfort, this shoe comes with a removable insole that is topped with a water-resistant cover for added durability.
Breathable and water-friendly
Featuring a breathable, water-friendly mesh upper, the Choprock Sieve is ideal for traversing dry and wet trails and waddling through the water. It makes a great shoe for kayaking, swimming, boating, and other watersport activities. There are holes throughout the upper which help drain water easily. Durable yet lightweight materials are used for optimal breathability and flexibility.
Provides toe protection
This shoe features a toe cap that protects your foot against sharp objects, which are very common when hiking in water and even on the trail.
Completing the upper is a traditional lace-up closure with integrated webbing loops for a secure fit.