Who should buy the Merrell Accentor 2 Vent Mid
The Merrell Accentor 2 Vent Mid is a wonderful choice for anyone looking for a lightweight, breathable hiking boot. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers protection against the elements.
- Prefer a hiking boot that absorbs shock and keeps the shoe stable.
Updates to Merrell Accentor 2 Vent Mid
- A comfortable hiking shoe made for easy to moderate trails, the Merrell Accentor 2 Vent Mid features a sturdy upper that offers protection against the elements. It has the Merrell Air Cushion in the heel that absorbs shock and keeps the shoe stable. Reinforcing the protective upper is the bellows tongue that keeps the debris out and a rubber toe cap for added strength and protection.
- Ready for adventures on the trail, the Accentor 2 Mid Vent uses a compression-molded EVA for lightweight cushioning along with a nylon arch shank for durable support.
Size and fit
A mid-top hiker available in medium widths, the Merrell Accentor 2 Mid Vent has a mesh upper that cradles the foot snugly. It uses a traditional lacing system with hooks on top for a customized fit. There's also plenty of padding to keep the ankle feeling supported.
Excellent grip on soft and uneven ground
For the outsole, this Accentor 2 Mid Vent has the M-Select Grip with 5mm lug depth for an aggressive grip. Soles with deep lugging such as this perform really well on soft and uneven ground, including mud, gravel, and loose dirt although they can be a bit uncomfortable when walking on smooth, hard surfaces like concrete or pavement.
Touted for its lightness, this hiker from Merrell uses EVA midsole which is a foam-like material that has good shock absorption and impact reduction qualities.
Excellent arch support
For added cushioning, it comes with a removable insole that is contoured to the foot and provides absolute arch coverage. This footbed has an advanced heel lock for a protected and supported movement.
Provides toe protection
The Accentor 2 Vent Mid is made of breathable mesh with suede overlays. It comes with a rubber toe cap that protects against trail hazards and an air cushioning system in the heel for shock absorption.
Traditional lacing system
This boot doesn't have a waterproof membrane so it's best used for hiking in mild conditions, particularly during the summer season. Completing the upper is a traditional lacing system with bellows tongue.
Nice to know
- This model also comes in a waterproof version which makes hiking in wet conditions a breeze.