Who should buy the Mammut Saentis Low
The Mammut Saentis Low is a multipurpose shoe suitable for a range of activities on and off the trail. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides comfort and protection to the foot.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that provides stickiness and grip on varying surfaces.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers maximum breathability.
Size and fit
This hiking shoe from Mammut is a low-top model with a stretchy inner mesh liner that wraps the foot for a secure and comfortable fit. It has a pre-shaped tongue construction that stays intact despite aggressive movements. Furthermore, the lace-up closure lets you adjust the tightness whenever needed. The Mammut Saentis Low has sizes available for both men and women.
High-quality rubber compound by Michelin
The Mammut Saentis Low hiking shoes feature Michelin outsoles made of high-quality rubber compounds. Michelin is a famous tire manufacturing company that later on started making their own line of performance footwear outsoles.
Strong traction on soft and uneven terrain
Some of the most striking qualities of this shoe outsole are its durability, stickiness, and grip. Best suited for fast-paced forest trails, the Saentis Low performs well on dirt, mud, and sand. It has strong traction to get you through soft and uneven terrain.
The midsole offers plenty of cushioning for the foot without the added weight. It’s attached to the shoe through Cushioning Strobel construction - a process of stitching the upper to the insole to give it rigid support.
Strobel shoes are less flexible than slip-lasted shoes, but not as rigid or as heavy as the board-lasted ones.
Plush and breathable
The Saentis Low has an upper made of a hybrid shell that combines soft inner fabrics and tough outer materials, including vent mesh. Together, they create a protective environment for the feet that is plush and breathable at the same time.
There’s also a TPU toe cap that offers protection against sharp hazards on the trail as well as accidental impact, especially when descending. Inside the shoe is another mesh lining that is stretchable, wrapping the foot to give it a snug fit.
Nice to know
- The Mammut Saentis Low also comes in a knitted version. It also has the vent mesh upper but a knit collar is added that extends towards the ankle so the shoe perfectly holds on to the foot.
- Furthermore, this model also comes in a Gore-Tex variation which is completely waterproof and ready to tackle extremely wet conditions.