Sporting this plush-yet-tough Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX translates to confidence-inspiring traversals across extra-rugged routes come rain or shine. As a cherry on top, this piece is made with sustainable materials, giving mother nature more time to heal as you go about your backpacking business.
- Extremely comfy
- Excellent support
- Excellent grip on slippery surfaces
- Easy to clean
- Jagged eyelets
Who should buy the Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX
Where the terrain turns for the unruly and your rucksack is not getting any lighter, the Mercury Tour II High GTX has your back. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that is suitable for backpackers who require a durable and protective pair for multi-day excursions.
- Prefer a hiking boot that protects the user’s foot from harsh conditions and the elements.
- Prefer a hiking boot that allows the users to traverse uneven trails with ample cushioning and stability.
Updates to Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX
- The Mercury Tour II High GTX is a Mammut high-cut boot perfect for backpackers who require a durable and protective pair for multi-day excursions. Its Terracare nubuck leather is paired with a Gore-Tex Performance Comfort laminate, protecting the user’s foot from harsh conditions and the elements.
- Outdoor enthusiasts are able to traverse uneven trails with ample cushioning and stability, thanks to the footgear’s ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. Its Vibram 4 Trek delivers surefootedness in most types of terrain.
Size and fit
The Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX is a high-top backpacking boot for men. It uses a 2 Zone lacing system, which can be customized to give a secure lockdown across the length of the foot. It is lined with a layer of 3D Memo Foam, which adapts to the wearer’s foot, granting a comfortable in-shoe environment.
Excellent grip on wet and dry surfaces
The Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX trekking boot comes with a Vibram 4 Trek outsole that helps wearers traverse challenging trails. Its central surface is filled with pentagon-shaped lugs, while rectangular tread patterns adorn the sole’s lateral zone. They produce grip on both wet and dry terrain.
Excellent stopping power
The rearfoot and forefoot regions contain a grooved design that renders added control for uphill and downhill conditions. A heel brake embedded into its construction provides extra stopping power. Moreover, the outsole’s front tip extends upward, shielding the user’s toes from stubbing.
This Mammut waterproof boot for outdoor excursions uses a midsole made of EVA foam. This material delivers a cushioned ride, reduces shock, and gives rebound while being lightweight.
A footbed sits on top of the midsole, giving added cushioning and underfoot comfort.
The Mammut Mercury Tour II High GTX backpacking boot features an upper made of Terracare nubuck leather. This material is eco-sustainable and grants resistance to abrasive elements.
Waterproof and breathable
A Gore-Tex Performance Comfort membrane embedded into the upper gives both waterproofness and breathability. A rubber rand reinforces the boot’s forefoot section, promoting durability and trail protection.
Secure fit and breathable
This Mammut offering uses a series of metal hooks and D-rings for fit management. Its lacing system is connected to a molded counter at the rearfoot section, granting heel support and security. The upper’s ankle area contains several perforations, which optimize air ventilation.
The collar houses a pull loop, which delivers easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Buyers who value lightness and agility for a single-day trip may want to consider a pair of hiking shoes. One example that may be explored is the Salomon X Ultra 3.