Who should buy the Lowa Mauria LL
The Lowa Mauria LL can deliver narrow-footed lady hikers’ needs. They must, however, be willing to put up with its breaking-in period. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that delivers backpacking comfort to women.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers durability and flexibility.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides grip on surfaces.
Updates to :name
- Lowa designers created the Mauria LL to deliver backpacking comfort to women. It has a full leather upper and is teeming with brand-patented technologies. It has the FlexFit, X-Lacing, C4 tongue, and Lowa Flex. They all work together to create a durable and flexible boot.
- The Vibram Apptrail makes this backpacking boot grip on surfaces. Its profile includes multidirectional and pronounced lugs.
- A DuraPU midsole with an SPS system makes every stride with the Mauria LL comfortable and supportive. It is joined with a Climate Control footbed and medium shank.
Size and fit
The Lowa Mauria LL is a woman’s backpacking boot offered in regular sizes. In addition to the standard-fit, it uses two other lasts. The Schmal last for the lower-volume, narrower foot; and the WXL-Leisten has a roomy toe box and more volume at the metatarsals.
The 2-zone lacing system divides the boot into two—the forefoot and shaft—rendering independent fit customization. The FlexFit provides an improved heel fit while the Lowa Flex grants a snug fit.
Provides grip on nearly all types of terrain
The aggressive lugs of the Vibram Apptrail make the Mauria LL grip on nearly all types of terrain. The toe and heel areas are designed for increased ground contact, hence assisting on the downhill and uphill trails.
Its modern tread design also allows a smooth roll-off. Its cemented sole construction enables this boot to be resoled (the sole can be replaced) at an additional cost.
Shock absorbing and hard-wearing cushioning
The Mauria LL uses DuraPU as its midsole. It is a shock-absorbent and hard-wearing component. Also, Lowa added their Supination Pronation Support (SPS) system for a more comfortable hike. This system promotes natural rolling of the foot, reducing fatigue.
The Climate Control footbed helps in keeping a fresh in-shoe environment through its breathable top layer. A full-length medium shank provides underfoot support.
Pliable yet durable build
A full leather hiking boot, the Lowa Mauria LL, features nubuck on its exterior and a chrome-free leather lining. This construction yields a pliable yet durable build. FlexFit, which includes a Lace Loop and Flex zone, allows the ankle to flex freely. The free-moving hooks and roller metal eyelets are part of Lowa Flex. They make lacing up easier.
Provides protection against rock-strewn grounds
This backpacking boot has an asymmetrical C4 tongue. Its shape works with the foot for an improved flex. The X-Lacing, on the other hand, features a knob attached to the tongue to keep it in place. The rubber toe and heel caps protect against rock-strewn grounds.