Who should buy the La Sportiva Helios 3.0
The La Sportiva Helios 3.0 is a durable and protective trail shoe best suited for:
- novice and experienced trail runners and off-road enthusiasts
- daily training, long-distance racing, and other activities that require long-lasting comfort and durability
Updates to La Sportiva Helios 3.0
- The third edition of the La Sportiva Helios is a highly durable and lightweight running shoe that aims to provide reliable protection over the rugged terrain.
- This trail running shoe features an updated upper design for a lighter and more secure ride.
- The upper utilizes a combination of mesh and ripstop nylon to deliver a more breathable and supportive fit.
- The designers also used additional ankle padding and tongue for added cushioning on longer runs.
- For a soft and responsive ride, the Injected Molded MEMLex EVA midsole is utilized. This material offers premium cushioning when running on hard and uneven surfaces.
Snugger in-shoe feel
The technical features that influence the fit of this running companion include the Ortholite insole, shoelaces, and padded tongue.
These elements are included to provide a snugger in-shoe feel.
Helios 3.0 delivers offers protection in the trails
A full-length rubber called the Frixion At 2.0 outsole is integrated into the La Sportiva Helios 3.0.
The Frixion At 2.0 outsole is a rubber compound that is designed to promote durability and provide protection against the trail elements. This lightweight material also offers a firm grip on both dry and wet surfaces.
The Frixion At 2.0 outsole is coupled with 2 mm deep VA Wave pattern lugs. The aggressive lug pattern not only enhances the platform’s grip but also provides flexibility.
This La Sportiva running shoe features the Injected Molded MEMLex EVA (ethyl vinyl acetate) midsole, which is made from soft and highly compressive foam.
Offers springier and more responsive ride
This midsole material deforms during impact to minimize impact forces, allowing for a smooth and cushioned ride.
Providing excellent shock absorption is the 4 mm LaSpEVAa cushioning. This component is used to provide a springier and more responsive ride, keeping the runner comfortable through longer distances.
Provides added cushioning
The Ortholite insole is also incorporated into the La Sportiva Helios III. The insole offers added cushioning and underfoot protection.
The Ortholite insole is also featured in the Brooks Transcend 6 and ASICS Gel Contend 5.
Durable and breathable
In the upper of the shoe is a blend of ripstop nylon and Mono-burr mesh. The ripstop nylon provides durability, while the Mono-burr mesh inserts offer optimal breathability.
The Mono-burr mesh also allows for quick drainage while preventing the entry of small rocks and debris inside the shoe.
Protects the toes from trail debris
A Thermo-formed toe cap is used to protect the toes from trail debris. The shoe also incorporates a heel counter to keep the foot from slipping while walking or running.
A pull tab is attached to the heel counter for easy on and off.
La Sportiva Helios 3.0 offers a customized fit
Padded tongue and ankle padding are utilized for all-day running comfort. The tongue also protects the top of the foot from getting pinched by the shoelaces.
The traditional lace-up closure is featured in this running shoe to ensure a secure and customized fit every time.