KEEN Tempo Flex Waterproof
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
65% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Tempo Flex Waterproof: Built to move
Forward momentum is core to the Tempo Flex Waterproof’s existence. Just look at its forefoot—yes, it easily resembles Kylo Ren’s almost iconic helmet. But to cut to the chase, this ridged part of the shoe (a.k.a. KEEN.Bellows Flex) gives springier toe offs minus that feeling of awkwardness at the flex point.
This exclusive tech, however, is not alone in making the Tempo Flex Waterproof such a propelling piece. Yes, boosted strides are yours in this agile KEEN hiker, thanks in part to its highly flexible collar and moderately rockered heel and toe zones.
Before you buy KEEN’s Tempo Flex Waterproof
The Tempo Flex Waterproof is by no means a tough sell. That being said, it pays to know more about it before leaping on its bandwagon. To that end, consider the following points.
- Deep ankle pockets for extra side-to-side mobility
- Increased stability around the heel
- Lightweight waterproofing courtesy of KEEN.Dry (not Gore-Tex)
- An extra pair of eyelets at the collar for a more personalized lockdown
- A stock insole (footbed) that provides additional heel and arch support
- Low-profile yet spiky lugs for enhanced traction both on and off the trail
- Quite expensive for a low-top hiker (for our affordable bunch, click here)
- Dirt-magnet flex ridges