Who should buy the KEEN Targhee EXP Mid Waterproof
The Targhee EXP Mid Waterproof is a worthy addition to KEEN Targhee’s growing library of remarkable hikers thanks to its array of fine qualities. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that keeps the foot dry.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers durability and is easy to clean.
Updates to :name
- The Targhee EXP Mid Waterproof from KEEN is built for day explorers who frequently take on extra-challenging trails. It is capable of keeping the foot dry with its proprietary waterproof membrane.
- Allowing wearers to make smoother strides over level ground is the footgear’s rockered sole unit. It is made up primarily of the gear’s compression-molded midsole and multi-lugged outsole.
- This KEEN hiker comes engineered with mud shields. Their presence makes the boot extra durable and easy to clean.
Size and fit
KEEN’s Targhee EXP Mid Waterproof is a mid-top, fairly true-to-size boot for male and female day hikers. The men’s version is offered in widths regular and wide, while the women’s variant only comes in standard. Its sizing selection is made up of half and full sizes. Users may have a safe and customized lockdown with the use of the footwear’s ghillie lacing system.
Excellent surface traction
The engineers over at KEEN furnished the Targhee EXP Mid Waterproof with a sturdy outsole for surface traction. Strategically scattered all around it are multi-sided protrusions (also known as lugs) that help wearers latch on to markedly slippery terrain.
Slip and skid resistance
The claw-like ridges present at its rear and front ends double down on slip and skid resistance during uphill and downhill traversals.
This waterproof hiking gear from KEEN provides footing stability and terrain protection with its compression-molded midsole made of EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate). Its dual-density construction makes it cushy yet tough. An internal nylon shank and an ESS shank are built into its confines for additional arch support.
Excellent arch support
Helping the midsole up its game in terms of cushioning is the boot’s Metatomical footbed. It is made entirely of EVA. It also provides added arch support besides comfort underfoot.
Breathable and waterproof
What envelops the foot in the Targhee EXP Mid Waterproof is its over-the-ankle upper made of mesh fabric. It is imbued with KEEN Dry—a company-owned tech that grants the gear ample breathability and water protection. Polyurethane-coated leather overlays, which Keen dubs as mud shields, strengthen its form and give it adequate abrasion protection.
Provides protection against bumpy hazards
The boot is reinforced with a TPU heel-capture system and a sturdy toe cap. The former enhances the shoe’s capacity to support the heel (as its name suggests), while the latter promises sufficient protection against bumpy hazards.
Its front closure uses a sturdy lace made of synthetic material. This lace passes through combination eyelets, most of which are made of fabric.