KEEN Revel IV Mid Polar
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
38% say it's too large, 63% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Revel IV Mid Polar: Is it for you?
Arguably, the main draw of this KEEN hiking boot is its insulation. So the answer to the above question is an easy “yes!” That said, the points below will help you form a better judgment as to whether or not the shoe is for you.
- If you live where the coldest temperature does not go below -20°F, this boot is a good option.
- Anything below -20°F, then you are better off with the Revel IV High Polar, which provides sufficient warmth all the way down to -40°F.
- Its mid-rise collar can fend off water and snow of up to 3 to 4 inches deep. Wear a pair of gaiters if your trail has snowy parts deeper than that.
Care guide for the KEEN Revel IV Mid Polar
Hiking boots, in general, must be taken good care of if you wish to extend their lifespan. The same can be said of the mid-cut Revel IV Polar. To that end, consider the following:
- After each use, rid the shoe of loose dirt and debris using either a hand towel or a soft brush.
- For tougher stains, use a clean cloth dampened with a mixture of 4 parts water and 1 part vinegar.
- Dry the boot in an open area but not under direct sunlight.