Who should buy the KEEN Newport Retro
The KEEN Newport Retro may grant satisfaction using its list of trail-worthy characteristics, as long as wearers find a pair that suits their foot width. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking sandal that provides excellent performance and comfort.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that dries quickly and provides protection from abrasion.
- Prefer a hiking sandal that provides traction on slippery surfaces.
Updates to :name
- The Newport Retro is a KEEN retro-inspired outdoor sandal that provides water hikers with comfort and performance to complete their adventure. Its synthetic polyester webbing upper is engineered to dry quickly and resist abrasion.
- Outdoor enthusiasts are able to tackle challenging terrain with sufficient cushioning, thanks to its compression-molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. Its rubber outsole is equipped with a razor siping design for traction on slippery surfaces.
Size and fit
The KEEN Newport Retro is closed-toe water hiking sandal built for men and women. It comes with a secure-fit lacing system, which grants a personalized lockdown. It is lined with a layer of quick-drying fabric, which creates a plush interior environment for the wearer’s foot.
This KEEN outdoor sandal for hikers features a durable rubber outsole for ground adherence. Its profile is filled with a razor siping design to help adventurers stay surefooted on most types of surfaces, especially slippery terrain.
Renders added control when ascending or descending
Both of its rearfoot and forefoot zones contain small ridges to render added control when ascending or descending. Its front end also covers a significant portion of the toe box to provide sturdiness and protection from accidental knocks.
Enjoy a cushioned ride made possible by compression-molded EVA midsole
The men’s and women’s KEEN Newport Retro is able to offer a cushioned ride via its compression-molded EVA midsole. It is also engineered to give rebound and absorb impact from virtually all types of ground conditions.
The Newport Retro sports a proprietary metatomical footbed made of EVA foam. It is designed to give arch support, cushioning, and underfoot comfort. It is also treated with an eco-friendly Cleansport NXT anti-odor technology to keep the wearer’s foot fresh, especially during a warm hike.
KEEN Newport Retro optimizes air ventilation and quick-dry features
The KEEN Newport Retro hiking sandal is equipped with an upper made of tie-dyed polyester webbing. It is treated with a perfluorinated chemical (PFC) free coating to repel water. A layer of fabric lines its interiors to imbue the footgear with a quick-drying property. Its closed-toe construction sports open panels along its sides to optimize air ventilation.
Secure fit and easy to wear
This KEEN outdoor sandal uses a series of fabric loops and a lace locker for its secure-fit closure system. These components help the wearer manage the footgear’s fit. A pair of pull tabs are placed on the tip of the tongue and at the back of the collar for easy on and off.