Who should buy Jordan Series ES
Obviously, Jordan fans and those who already enjoy sneakers from the Jordan series. This is not a simple shoe, its details raise questions and by answering them, you get to tell the story.
People who might not be Jordan fans but want a rather simple, almost Vans-like sneaker that, thanks to its simplicity, can match basically any outfit, should definitely consider the Jordan Series ES.
Who should not buy this sneaker
Look away if:
Jordan Series ES has a wider comfortable fit
“Most comfortable pair of J’s I’ve ever owned.”
To elaborate: there are triangular stretchy underlays that allow wider feet to enjoy this sneaker and there are no fancy technologies that would make issues in the area of comfort.
Jordan Series ES fit true to size, so no worries there.
Plain design: a mixed blessing
People have different opinions on this one. Some love the design saying it’s “so stylish” and “amazing” while, on the other hand, one expert said it is a “very plain” shoe that’s “not very interesting overall”.
He even went on to compare it to the Vans sneakers, both in style and price-wise.
Details that tell a story
In the world of sneakers, more often than not there’s a shoe that’s released for the sake of releasing it. No story, no background. Jordan Series ES is just the opposite, it’s the embodiment of storytelling in the sneaker world:
- On one outsole, there’s a quote: There was any doubt; on the other outsole, it says: It went down in the backyard. It’s about Michael Jordan’s backyard sports battles with his older brother Larry.
- There’s also “45/2” on the outsole which is the number they both wore. Michael later became #23 because he split the 45/2 in half.
- On the insole, you can read “Swing for the fence” which is Larry’s quote.
- “Jordan Series” embroidered on the sides is a detail similar to the one found in Jordan Series .01 and Jordan Series .02.
- Small Jumpman logos on the midsole at the forefoot sections.
Very casual style
It might be a simple sneaker but that’s what it’s loved for. Reviewers have said that it goes well with shorts and that it looks even better in person. Embroidered graphics, a woven tongue and Jordan logos definitely add that special something.
No lace bite in Jordan series ES
Sure, it’s a standard flat-lace system typical for the Jordan series, but there’s also a nylon tongue with “good amount of padding” which makes this sneaker very comfortable.
Great for warmer days
Jordan Series ES is very breathable:
- Perforations at the forefoot help with ventilation
- A mix of leather and suede makes sure your feet aren’t too sweaty.
Standard Jordan series grip
No complaints in this section. As usual, it’s an already well-known rubber outsole found in other sneakers from the Jordan series.
Jordan Series ES vs. Jordan Series .01 and .02
They are all about the story. Given the details we see on the sides, the Jordan Series 01 was for his brother Larry (saying “Dear Larry”) and the .02 was meant as a tribute to his mum (saying “Dear Doloris”) and a coach that was like a father to him (“Dear Dean”).
Design-wise, these shoes are very similar and equally loved by sneaker fans and Jordan fans around the world.