The kind of experience hikers get in the Skamania Mid WP is one led by entrancing comfort and excellent waterproofing. This beautifully crafted boot is also highly capable of supporting the ankle, making day hikes quite reassuring and confidence-inspiring. However, the gear has been reported to have a kind of fit that runs small—a miss many might find appalling in this day and age.
- Endearing aesthetics
- Astonishingly comfortable
- Amazing ankle support
- Worthy investment
- Outstanding lightness
- Quick to get loosened
- Excellent surface traction
- Runs small
- Lack of seams durability
- Provides rubbing sensation
Who should buy the Hi-Tec Skamania Mid WP
Those who choose to gear up with the Hi-Tec Skamania Mid WP, with all of its stellar qualities, are bound to have a real blast on the trail. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that keeps wetness fenced out.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers excellent surface grip.
- Prefer a hiking boot that can aid wearers during toe-offs.
Updates to :name
- The Skamania Mid WP from Hi-Tec is great for day travelers who find themselves frequenting trails in inclement weather. It comes imbued with a proprietary waterproof laminate that keeps wetness fenced out.
- It has a considerably thick midsole that offers cushioning and an outsole made of rubber that provides a surface grip. Together, these two components give the Skamania Mid WP a rockered toe zone which aids wearers during toe offs.
Size and fit
Hi-Tec’s Skamania Mid WP is a fairly true-to-size, mid-cut boot for male and female hikers. Both the men's and women’s versions are offered in full and half sizes in widths regular and wide. Its ghillie-inspired lacing system gives users fit security and customization.
Secures footing on different kinds of terrain
The Hi-Tec Skamania Mid WP’s rubber outsole called MD-Traction is what gives hikers a secure footing over different kinds of terrain. Its ability to bite into soft or loose surfaces is thanks in large part to its self-cleaning lugs.
Improved braking power
The geometry of these lugs at the front promotes uphill mobility, while their formation at the back improves the outsole’s braking power.
Offers stability and shock absorption
Most of the cushioning provided by this Hi-Tec waterproof hiker comes from its lightweight midsole made of EVA. It is adequately thick and sturdy, which provides users with enough stability and shock absorption.
Provides underfoot comfort and support
A cushioned, removable insole sits snugly on top of it, granting enhanced underfoot comfort and support.
Waterproof and breathable
Suede leather makes up most of the Skamania Mid WP’s over-the-ankle upper. Its non-leather parts are made of breathable mesh fabric. A Dri-Tec membrane is imbued within its bootie, promoting waterproofing and added breathability. Its forefoot is engineered with a toe rand that provides abrasion protection, while its tongue is gusseted, warding off intrusive debris.
Hi-Tec Skamania Mid WP's closure system
The front closure of the Skamania Mid WP is made up of riveted eyelets and a round lace. Its eyelets are comprised of loops and hooks made of metal. Its lace, on the other hand, is synthetic.