Who should buy the Hi-Tec Logan Mid WP
The top qualities of the Logan Mid WP include its economical price and fairly satisfying performance on the trails. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers protection, comfort, and flexibility on the trail.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides comfort and support.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides grip on different ground types.
Updates to :name
- Hi-Tec designers crafted the Logan Mid WP for tackling muddy paths, rocky grounds, and ankle-deep puddles. Its leather and mesh upper, together with the brand’s very own Dri-Tec membrane, provides protection, comfort, and flexibility on the trail.
- It employs a compression-molded EVA midsole and a nylon shank for comfort and support, respectively. The Multi-Directional Traction (MDT) rubber outsole makes it grip on different ground types.
Size and fit
The Logan Mid WP caters to male and female hikers. For men, it comes in standard (D), Wide (2E), and triple wide (EEE). The women’s version is offered in medium (B) width. Both variants are available in whole and half sizes. According to the brand, the boot runs true to size. The lace-up closure permits fit customization.
Prevents muck build-up
This mid-cut day hiking boot sports a Multi-Directional Traction (MDT) outsole. This rubber material bites on most types of terrain. It has a textured feel which prevents muck build-up.
The space between the studs helps channel water out, preventing slips and falls.
Promoting a shock-absorbent and comfortable ride is the compression-molded EVA (CMEVA) midsole. This lightweight material houses a nylon fork shank which renders underfoot firmness and helps stabilize each stride.
Maintains a fresh and cool in-shoe feel
The boot also includes an Ortholite sock liner with antimicrobial treatment. It optimizes comfort by maintaining a fresh and cool in-shoe feel.
Durable yet flexible
The upper of the Logan Mid WP is made of suede leather with mesh vents (for breathability). This design creates a durable yet flexible upper.
Waterproof and abrasion-resistant
It features a soft fabric lining and comes with a waterproof barrier called Dri-Tec. This membrane uses microscopic pores which allow moisture inside to escape while protecting the foot from getting wet. The leather reinforcements in the toe and heel area enhance the boot’s durability and abrasion resistance.
More protection and comfort come from the rest of the upper components. Keeping the foot away from trail debris is the gusseted tongue.
Delivering plush comfort is the padded tongue and collar. Finally, granting a secure foot lockdown is a Ghillie-style lacing system that consists of rustproof metal hardware and a round lace.