3 Best Laceless Soccer Cleats, 20+ Shoes Tested in 2023
In an effort to make the cleats lighter, and in the process design a boot with a clean uninterrupted striking surface, the laceless soccer cleats came into existence. Adidas and Umbro are two of the premier brands that have spearheaded this innovative move in cleat technology.
Needless to say, soccer fans welcome this modernistic twist in cleat design. It offers players of all levels a bigger strike zone for more precise ball control and powerful strikes whether playing on firm or soft ground pitches or in the indoor arena.
To kickstart your search for the best laceless soccer cleats, we’ve rounded up and reviewed 20+ of them. After several sessions of wear tests on the pitch, we have highlighted our top selections in different categories. Check them all out below.
How we test soccer cleats
Each pair on this list is methodically tested before a final rating is given. That means putting all the laceless soccer shoes to the wringer and seeing which ones stand out as worthy of our best selections. After playing several hours on the soccer field, we give our corresponding feedback for each model.
Here’s how we do it:
- To provide in-depth profiles for all the laceless soccer shoes, we test them in real games and subject the shoes to the pressures of the game. The goal of each test session is to determine the actual fit, comfort, grip, precision, and ball control, among others.
- We go to the micro-level of real-world wear testing on soft or firm ground surfaces. We also scrutinize every nook and cranny of each model’s construction to be more comprehensive.
- We adhere to our “No play, no review” policy. We don't only wear-test the shoes. We see to it that each model goes through the rigors of the sports to determine their actual value and performance.
To conclude, we utilize the numerical rating system called the CoreScore. After calculating all the collated data, each pair of shoes in the database is given an overall score from 0 to 100.
Best laceless soccer cleats overall
- Top 13% in street soccer cleats
- Top 13% in Adidas soccer cleats
- Hugs the foot
- Stylish design
- Laceless convenience
- Partially covered outsole
- Too narrow
- Poor quality stitching
Laceless soccer cleats with best ball touch
- Top 13% in firm ground soccer cleats
- Top 14% in Adidas soccer cleats
- Top 14% most popular soccer cleats
- Uber grippy upper
- Solid traction
- Easily makes powerful strikes
- Natural-feeling collar
- Provides stability
- Top-of-the-line materials
- Pretty lightweight
- Streamlined look
- Poor foot containment
- Needs to be broken in
- Hard to put on
Best laceless street soccer cleats
- Locked-in fit
- Reliable lockdown
- Lacks heel support