3 Best Five Ten Climbing Shoes in 2023
Secure each foothold with confidence in shoes that provide a comfy fit with a lacing system that locks you in. Our team of testers recommends their top picks of highly-rated Five Ten climbing shoes that allow climbers of all levels to get the most of their climbing experience.
For remarkable edging prowess and optimal crack-climbing performance, the 5.10 Anasazi Lace and Pro models are a solid choice. The Pro version was a collab design with professional climber Shauna Coxsey. For entry-level rock shoes, the 5.10 Mocassym can do the job pretty well.
For this guide, we’ve rounded up the best of Five Ten climbing shoes. We put all of them to rigorous performance tests to identify the high performers. Take a look at our top picks below.
How we test climbing shoes
RunRepeat is out to provide the climbing community with comprehensive selections of athletic footwear for their needs. We’ve reviewed and tested hundreds of shoes each year to bring you the latest updates and top rankings of the best releases out there. Here’s our approach:
- We invest our own money and time to buy and test the climbing kicks from the Five Ten label. We do not accept sponsorship to keep our reviews and rankings 100% independent.
- We slip into the 5.10 shoes to test them out in actual climbing or bouldering. We take note of our impressions and insights for our reviews and final rankings. We do meticulous tests to assess the strengths (and shortcomings).
- We spend time outdoors and in the gym to assess the footwear’s break-in period, comfort, surface grip, climbing precision, versatility, and more.
- We further get more info from testimonials given by other testers, climbing experts, and enthusiasts.
In the end, all the Five Ten climbing shoes are graded based on the data above. See the CoreScore highlighted on this page for your convenience.
Best Five Ten climbing shoes overall
- Top 15% in Five Ten climbing shoes
- Excellent smearing and edging performance
- Heel wonder
- Excellent responsiveness
- Fantastic toeing capabilities
- Glove-like fit
- Lackluster support
Best moderate Five Ten climbing shoes
- Top 29% in Five Ten climbing shoes
- Incredible edging performance
- Impressive surface feel
- Responsive and mighty supportive
- Comfortable climbing shoe
- Straightforward access
- Frail rubber rand
- Too pricey
- Long break-in period
Best Five Ten intermediate climbing shoes
- Tough as nails
- Edges like a champ
- Mighty adhesive
- Comfier than its predecessor
- Fantastic heel fit
- Great on pockets
- Subpar sensitivity
- Uninspiring on toe hooks