Gucci Off the Grid Sneaker: Generating positive change for people and the planet
For pre-fall 2020, Gucci launched the Circular Line that signals the brand’s conscious efforts in producing eco-friendly products. The first collection in this line, dubbed Gucci Off the Grid, comprises accessories and clothes made from recycled materials.
As part of the Gucci Off the Grid capsule, the brand introduced the Gucci Off the Grid sneaker. This environment-friendly fashion sneaker features a style inspired by tennis shoes and boasts its sustainable construction that aims to reduce carbon footprint.
What is it made of?
In its effort to save the planet, Gucci uses eco-friendly materials on this fashionable, upscaled sneaker:
- Its nylon upper is made of reclaimed sewing thread and trims with the famous GG pattern.
- The recycled polyester laces are anchored to the metal eyelets that are built from reutilized steel.
- It has organic cotton soft lining and viscose that were sourced from sustainable wood pulp.
- This sneaker comes with a freecycled gift box, flannel dust bag, and a booklet made with repurposed paper.
- The TPU sole is fabricated using bio-based content, unlike the usual non-renewable fossil sources.
Good to know
Gucci commissioned several familiar names in fashion to bring extra attention to the Off the Grid drive. Celebrities like Jane Fonda, King Princess, Miyavi, and Emma Watson are some of the names Gucci signed up to endorse this meaningful campaign.