Fizik Terra Powerstrap X4
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
35% say it's too small, 65% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Profile of the Fizik Terra Powerstrap X4Who is it for? The Fizik Terra Powerstrap X4 is a gravel-focused shoe but can also be an all-around MTB footwear. It is recommended for the following cyclists:
- Leisurely road bikers who don't require uber stiff soles and uses SPD cleats
- Spontaneous cyclists who navigate different terrains
- Gravel bikers
- Trail and casual mountain riding
What is it for? This shoe can withstand riding in mixed terrains such as gravel, singletrack and everywhere else traditional road shoes can't go to.
OutsoleBalance between stiffness and comfort. Fizik has developed a special sole called the X4 just for these shoes. It is crafted from nylon material with targeted stiffness to provide power transfer and walking comfort as well.
Grip. Rubber treads are strategically placed throughout the sole for adequate grip and durability.
Cleat SystemThe Fizik Terra Powerstrap X4 employs the traditional MTB two-bolt cleat system. Some of the pedals that go with this shoe are Nukeproof Horizon CL CrMo DH, Shimano XT Trail M8020 and Crank Brothers Mallet DH.
The cleats are recessed for walking comfort. Markings are also provided for precise positioning.
UpperComfort. This pair's upper is crafted from seamless synthetic upper with laser-cut vents. This yields a breathable, snug fit without pressure points.
Unique and efficient retention system. This Fizik MTB shoe employs the brand's proprietary Powerstrap Velcro closure. Compared to most traditional Velcro designs that just pull together two sides of the upper, the Powerstrap wraps around the foot and provides an enveloping fit.
The instep and the midfoot's fit can be adjusted separately for a more tailored fit.
Durable. The toe area features the sole's rubber treads to hide the unavoidable scuffs and cuts this area is going to get.
Nice to know
- Fizik Terra is one of the brand's collections of mountain bike shoes.
- The X2, X3, and so on terms is what's used to indicate the company's MTB shoes.
- Fizik's name and its logo are derived from the word 'physique' and its pronunciation.
- The brand currently lists 40+ pro cyclists across 3 disciplines as their sponsees.