Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
75% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Chunky and comfy Fila D-Formation trainers
When Balenciaga released the Triple S, it took just a little while for Fila to launch its take on the dad sneaker trend. Fila relaunched the Disruptor 2, an all-white chunky kick, which became an instant hit in the street fashion. Soon after, Fila released another iteration to add to its chunky sneaker lineup, the Fila D-Formation.
FIla D-Formation gives us a perfect balance of athletic style and lifestyle fashion, with several remarkable details:
- This bulky kick has a thick padded insole to give reliable comfort.
- Its traditional lacing system gives a premium snug feel as it hugs the feet comfortably.
- Its exaggerated saw-tooth outsole delivers superb grip and style.
- The Fila branding and stitching accents give a nostalgic feel while boosting its overall retro vibe.
Fila D-Formation vs Fila Disruptor 2
Many describe these two gawky, ugly, and rough sneakers as virtually identical models. But looking closer, these chunky sneakers have a few differences that make them unique from each other:
- Fila D-Formation's round laces are anchored on canvas eyelets, while the laces of Fila Disruptor 2 are laced around the stitched leather D-ring.
- Fila Disruptor 2 has a heel pull tab while the D-Formation has none.
- There is an eye-catching "F" branding on the lateral of D-Formation whereas, Fila Disruptor 2 features the entire "Fila" logo.
- The midsole of the D-Formation is chunkier and has a higher heel as compared to the Fila Disruptor.
- Fila midsole branding can be seen on the heel of the D-Formation while it is found on the forefoot of the Disruptor.