Columbia Vitesse Mid Outdry
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
86% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
What wearing the Vitesse Mid Outdry means
This Columbia piece is for outdoorsy individuals who value versatility, considering that it is designed for both city and trail use. That said, we want you to be as informed as possible on this hiker; hence the following:
- Its knit upper + Outdry waterproofing combo will give you breezy strides and full above-ankle water protection.
- The shoe’s multi-directional lugs provide high traction on different kinds of terrain. And since they are engineered low-profile, they adapt and function well on man-made surfaces.
- The Vitesse Mid Outdry’s sock-like collar hugs the ankle securely. It gives a plush feel and some protection against beaded-up moisture and sweat around the lower leg.
- At about 700 g a pair, it is lighter than most heavy-duty hiking sandals on the market.
- Although this Columbia offering has a mid-top clearance, its knit cuff might not be stiff enough to provide sufficient ankle support for more demanding hikes.
- Its lack of a defined heel brake might make going down slippery slopes a bit trickier.