Good to know
- Chaco’s Z/2 Classic comes with a toe loop at the front. At the rear are the adjustable webbing heel risers which provide wearers a custom heel fit.
- Yet another Chaco-exclusive feature is Luvseat midsole. This component seamlessly integrates with the odor-resistant footbed for a protected and stink-free hiking adventure.
- For traction, the Z/2 Classic features the non-marking ChacoGrip outsole. It includes a grippy tread pattern and low-profile lugs.
The Chaco Z/2 Classic is an open-toe, heel-strapped sandal for both and women. It has a fairly true-to-size fit. Both the men and women’s versions are offered in a number of whole sizes and come in standard and wide widths. The adjustable straps, heel risers, and ladder lock buckle make fit customization possible.
Equipped with a ChacoGrip outsole, the Z/2 Classic promises a kind of surface traction that works on different terrain types, whether wet or dry. This non-marking, Chaco-owned grippy layer is made of a specialized rubber compound. Its surface sports a double helix tread pattern for multi-directional traction and 3.5-mm lugs for grip over loose soil. Its rear and front ends are ridged to assist hikers during ascents and descents.
The cushy, shock-absorbing, and arch-supportive platform of the Z/2 Classic is the Chaco-patented Luvseat midsole. It is made of polyurethane—a material similar to rubber, characterized by high stress and compression resilience, abrasion resistance, and lasting durability. Besides acting as the upper’s foundation, this midsole also serves as a channel through which the webbing strap unit moves during strap adjustments.
Extra cushioning is courtesy of the sandal’s non-removable footbed. Its slightly raised heel borders keep the foot centered, while its textured surface prevents underfoot slippage. For odor prevention, the engineers imbued the footbed with antimicrobial properties.
The Chaco Z/2 Classic’s patterned webbing upper, which includes the heel risers and toe loop, is made of polyester jacquard fabric—a synthetic textile known for its durability and lightness. Its scuff-resistant, adjustable straps are interconnected and work as a unit in giving wearers a personalized fit. The injection-molded strap buckle is made of a material akin to hard plastic.
- The midsole of the Z/2 Classic is 100% animal free or vegan friendly.
- Every footwear product by Chaco features the Luvseat footbed. Its ergonomic design is certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association.