Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
- Arch support
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Footwear with few offers from online retailers and sold out in most sizes.
Shoes that have been taken out of production but are still sold by most online shops.
Shoes that just came out and have not received sufficient feedback from the buyers.
Shoes designed for competition, weigh less than 250g. They are fast but they offer less cushioning and support.
Low drop shoes usually have a heel-to-toe drop of 1mm - 4mm. They feel very flat to most runners and ideal for midfoot strikers.
Running shoes with 0mm heel-to-toe drop. Did not have to mean zero cushioning. They feel extremely flat, ideal for forefoot or midfoot strikers.
Shoes with superior waterproofing elements, ideal for long-distance and muddy paths.
Running shoes with some degree of water protection, usually they dry quickly.
These are bulky-looking shoes with large amount of cushioning and are widely used in long-distance running. Overpronators can also benefit from a maximalist running shoe because they also offer enhanced support or stability.
Extremely lightweight shoes with minimal to no arch support. The minimal cushioning offers flexibility and greater ground contact.
Lightweight shoes with lots of flexibility and comfort. Most Triathlon shoe also have drainage system to keep the shoe from retaining water.
- Foot condition
- Strike Pattern
- Heel to toe drop
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
- Arch Type
- Number of reviews
Good to know
Daily running shoes weigh not less than 250g. These are cushioned shoes designed for daily training. Go-to shoes with great comfort. -Shoes for competition usually weigh between 115g and 220g. Lighter shoes are faster, making them ideal for races, quick-paced runs, and interval training.
Although relatively new to the industry of producing running specific shoes, Zoot has proven time and again that the shoes they manufacture are easily on the same level with the best footwear traditional giants of the industry are producing. Based on more than 100,000 reviews online, Zoot has even found a niche in the running world as a company that produces very innovative and runner-friendly features.
What does Zoot offer in their best road shoes?
- Premium cushioning with matching responsiveness are necessary in road running. Repetitive pounding on the road could certainly cause tired legs to falter if cushioning and rebound capabilities are less than perfect. Zoot offers in their road shoes excellent blend of soft cushioning and responsiveness.
- The use of injected ZVA has done wonders for Zoot in their road shoes. It greatly attenuates shock and rebounds like no other. More than that, this midsole foam is also very durable. It ensures the runner that the right blend of cushioning and responsiveness last for a very long time.
- Zbound insole is another type of feature that enhances the cushioning of the shoe. In several versions of the best Zoot road shoes, the insoles are removable. The runner can do away with the insole if he already feels sufficient cushioning is already available or he can customize the cushioning with aftermarket or customized insoles.
- Barefit Technology allows the runner to wear these road shoes sockless. A seamless inner lining and plush materials are used in the shoe to eliminate blisters or rubbing. Drilex Technology takes care of microbial concerns like odor and sweat.
- The use of upper mesh provides superb shoe ventilation. A dry and cool run is a guarantee with these road shoes. Part of the upper construction is the plastic overlays. These overlays contribute to the snug fit as well as overall shoe integrity and support.
- The clinching deal for these road shoes are the patented lace up closure. One quick tug and the foot are wrapped inside in a snug and comfortable fit. The locking system does not come undone during the run.
- Runners of various biomechanics are addressed with the best Zoot road shoes. Overpronators or runners who roll inwards after striking can find several choices among the best road shoes. Neutrals and supinators can also choose to their hearts content the right shoe in Zoot’s wide array of road shoes.
- Carbon rubber and blown rubber are combined for great traction on various surfaces. These rubbers make these road shoes very durable.
What are the factors in getting the best Zoot road shoes?
- Weight. The best Zoot road shoes go no heavier than 10z. The runner looking for a daily trainer should get the ones with more weight while runners who would love to race should go with those who have less weight.
- Heel-to-toe drop. Zoot is one of the advocates of the low heel offset. Sensory perception is of prime importance in all of their shoes. All Zoot road shoes have a low heel to toe drop.
- Arch support. Plenty of arch support is found in the road shoes that cater to overpronators. Less stability is found in neutral road shoes offered by Zoot.