Who should buy the Brooks Launch 6
- For competitive road runners (with neutral pronation) who are looking for a shoe built for speed work and training.
- For experienced runners who need a supplementary shoe for speed training and recovery runs without a high price tag.
Updates to the Brooks Launch 6
- Added more foam for cushioning through the use of their BioMogo DNA technology for more springy and responsive feel under the forefoot.
- Updated upper into a one-piece engineered mesh that makes the shoe more lightweight and breathable compared to its previous counterparts.
- The Midfoot Transition Zone has also been adjusted to help make the heel to toe transition faster and more seamless.
- Modified the ribbon-like transition zone marking on the outsole to reflect this update.
- Strobel was added back that makes the shoe softer and adds more cushion.
Easier landings and transitions
The rear outsole of the Brooks Launch 6 is now enhanced with much wider heel landing decoupling grooves. These decoupling grooves allow the shoe to bend along a particular axis that modifies the flexibility response of the shoe on a defined track.
It also aids in making the landings and transitions off the heel somewhat easier. Also new to the Brooks Launch 6 is its front outsole. It is now made with four shallow yet slightly wider flex grooves.
Launch 6 offers smoother and seamless performance
This compliments the performance of Midfoot Transition Zone giving the runner a feeling of a smoother and seamless transition. The whole outsole is made of durable rubber which guarantees many miles and energizing run.
Working with the rubber material are the grooves that ensure small fragments such as sand, mud or small rocks have a place to settle in sooner, allowing the outsole to regain contact with the ground faster which then avoids any unwanted injuries on the runner.
The Brooks Launch 6’s midsole is now updated with additional foam under the forefoot making every running experience with the shoe much more energizing. Brooks has also kept their usual BioMoGo DNA cushioning on the new Brooks Launch 6.
This DNA foam gives the midsole better cushioning to create a more springy response underfoot. It is also adaptive to the impact it receives and converts it accordingly to what type of cushioning support the runner needs.
Ultra lightweight and comfortable
In collaboration with the BioMoGo DNA is the Midfoot Transition Zone. It is the zone marked with a ribbon-like design on the outsole-midfoot area. This cushioned area helps the transitioning from heel to toe faster.
The upper of Brooks Launch 6 is where the most noticeable enhancement is. Brooks has now made the upper with a one-piece engineered mesh making this neutral shoe ultra lightweight and comfortable. It offers the same level of breathability and comfort as the Glycerin 16.
Feel light and breezy
This new upper design is a soft engineered mesh with a vertical texture and is better than the fabric-like texture of its predecessor, the Brooks Launch 5.
The new one-piece upper also better secures the forefoot all through the duration of the ride making the shoe feel light and breezy.
Brooks Launch 6 ensures the right comfort
Besides giving more comfort, the one piece mesh also blends seamlessly with the shoe’s design making it aesthetically pleasing to avid Brooks Launch users.
The tongue on the Brooks Launch 6 is now also noticeably less thick or puffy, and it is still with the ample amount of padding to ensure the right comfort.
Both the padding in the ankle and Achilles area have also been trimmed down to make it more fitted while still making sure that it is still the reasonable amount for protection and comfort.