Who should buy the Astral Rassler 2.0
The Astral Rassler 2.0 definitely has the qualities you’re looking for from water footwear. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides more support during long walks in rugged terrain.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers protection against sharp objects and accidental impact.
Updates to Astral Rassler 2.0
- The new Astral Rassler has an improved outsole for increased grip and durability. It retains its sleek profile and lightness that Astral users have loved about this shoe for the longest time.
- The enhanced padded ankle and internal heel counters provide more support during long walks in rugged terrain while the TPU reinforcement around the toes offers protection against sharp objects and accidental impact.
- This shoe is designed with the Balanced Geometry technology which places the heel and ball on the same level, resulting in increased balance and agility.
Size and fit
The Astral Rassler 2.0 is a mid-top boot with the insole essential level to provide medium arch support. It also has a wide forefoot to allow the toes to spread, move and relax, and not feel restricted at all. This lightweight bootie features traditional lace-up closure with additional eyelets on top for a more secure fit.
Excellent traction and durability
The Astral Rassler 2.0 has a redesigned outsole to increase traction and durability. It’s made with G.ss rubber - a propriety rubber compound that is very sticky, making it ideal for very slick surfaces and slippery rocks. The G.ss outsole also has a high level of abrasion resistance and impact reduction properties.
Excellent grip on wet and slippery surfaces
The latest Rassler boot goes through razor-siping which involves cutting thin lines into the sole so it provides better traction for water activities such as kayaking. Furthermore, the outsole has high-surface areas for increased grip on wet and slippery surfaces.
Lastly, the Rassler 2.0 hiking boots have non-marking soles, which means you can take them for a quick trip to the gym or some errand downtown.
While they don’t have removable insoles, the Astral Rassler 2.0 has a thick midsole made of EVA. One of the top qualities of this material is its lightness. Having a lightweight shoe is really advantageous if you’re running or taking long walks. EVA is also very flexible, which is very important for water shoes.
Excellent arch support
The Astral Rassler 2.0 midsole is essentially level, having just a one-millimeter drop from heel to toe. Such a feature is designed to provide medium arch support.
This hiking boot features an upper made of a quick-dry canvas with an Airmesh tongue to facilitate quick drying after venturing in water sports. Additionally, it comes with engineered drainage holes so your feet don’t get soaked after submerging into water.
Excellent ankle cushioning and support
The upper has TPU reinforcement around the heel and toe areas for extended support and durability. There is also padding around the ankle for cushioning and support. Meanwhile, the internal heel counter and rigid toe counter for protection.