Who should buy Asolo Greenwood GV
This boot is for users who want both the performance of a day hiking and backpacking footwear. It's recommended for:
- Tackling trails with wet elements
- Buyers who don't mind its steep price
- Hikers who require ankle support and protection
Updates to the Asolo Greenwood GV
- The Asolo Greenwood GV, which is the 2018 update of the Tribe GV, is intended for all-season hiking.
- Just like its older sibling, it has a one-piece 2.4 mm Perwanger leather upper that works with a Gore-Tex liner for protecting the foot against wet elements.
- From its predecessor’s Radiant sole, the boot now features a Duo Radiant sole unit.
Aggressively designed outsole
The traction of Asolo’s Greenwood GV comes from the Duo Radiant Outsole. The aggressive boots found in the heel area aids the wearer during descents.
The inside lateral section features bold designs that control pronation and enhance support. It is designed with channels that shed water and other unwanted elements that lead to slipping. The outsole also extends upward in the front for forefoot protection.
The Duo Radiant midsole of the Greenwood GV has two components. The bottom one is a soft layer that absorbs shock. It also stretches from the rear to the forefoot to grant comfort. The top layer is denser so that it can provide stability to the user.
Another set of midsole components are the Asoflex 00 MR lasting board and the Lite 2 footbed. They work together in promoting a proper gait cycle.
Durable, waterproof upper of the Greenwood GV
The 2.4 mm Perwanger leather upper is a water-resistant component that works with the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort liner for water protection. The waterproof-slash-breathable membrane can manage both cold and warm conditions.
There is a toe cap that serves as the defense of the Gore-Tex boot from abrasions and shield of the foot from accidental impacts from the front. The lace-up closure includes metallic hardware comprising D-rings, eyelets and hooks. Easy on and off is possible with the heel tab at the back.