The ASICS 2000 9 Trail is the off-road version of the acclaimed 2000 9 stability shoe. It carries over all of its beloved features in a a more durable package with a more aggressive outsole. That makes it a cushioned trail shoe with arch support.
- Excellent support
- No break-in
- Comfortable straight from the box
- Good amount of impact protection
- Smooth road to off-road transitions
- Not for technical trails
ASICS GT 2000 9 Trail: acclaimed stability shoe for the trails
Part of the popular GT 2000 line form ASICS, the 2000 9 Trail offers support for trail runners with flat feet and moderate overpronation.
As an edition of a road shoe, it’s not exactly a rugged cross-over. Think of it as a more hard-wearing 2000 9 with more pronounced lugs.
What is it for?
- Pace: slow-to-moderate
- Distance: up to a marathon
- Terrain: road, moderate trails (not too soft/muddy or technical)
Other trail shoes to consider
- If you are looking for a max-cushioned stability shoe for the trails, consider ASICS Gel Trabuco 9.
- For a budget-friendly stability trail shoe, see ASICS Gel Kahana.
Or explore other popular brands with stability shoes for the trails.