Review coming soon
Asics Gel Trabuco 9 has just been released by Asics. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Asics Gel Trabuco 9: do-it-all trailblazer
Although it doesn’t excel at anything in particular, the Gel Trabuco 9 from Asics is a reliable workhorse for various types of runs and terrains.
The brand aimed to make it “rugged yet comfortable” to help you get through the daily miles without having to think about footwear.
Highlights of the Trabuco 9
- Lighter than the previous edition: The shoe weighs 1 oz (30 g) less but at 10.8 oz (305 g) it’s still slightly heavier than the average 10.4 oz (296 g) of trail running shoes.
- Premium Asics cushioning: The FlyteFoam midsole combined with a Gel unit in the heel ensures protected landings and a responsive ride.
- Support for overpronation: The DuoMax component makes the inner side of the sole firm, preventing the foot from rolling inwards.
- Versatile grip: AsicsGrip employs strategic lugs that bite the ground both uphill and on descents.
- Rock protection plate keeps you safe from stepping on sharp rocks or roots.
- Lace pocket on the tongue allows to tuck the laces in.
The fit of Asics Gel Trabuco 9
The shoe runs on the narrow side from the heel to the forefoot. So people who prefer more room in the toebox or have wider feet are better off going with a different model as the Trabuco 9 only comes in one width.
However, the well-padded, gusseted tongue will be a treat for runners with narrower feet.
Other trail shoes from the Asics Trabuco collection
FujiTrabuco Sky: if you are looking for something just as stable and cushioned yet significantly lighter to go fast
- 7.8 oz / 221 g
Trabuco Max: if you prefer max-cushioned trail shoes and don’t need arch support
- 10.4 oz / 294 g
FujiTrabuco Lyte: if you need a simple, lightweight, neutral trail shoe
- 8.8 oz / 249 g