Asics Gel Kyrios
Best price from 32 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
80% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Asics Gel Kyrios: Classic runner meets modern streetwear style
When it comes to retro fashion, Asics has lots to offer. To add up to its growing Gel family, this Japanese sportswear giant company brings out the Asics Gel Kyrios, a modified version of the Asics Gel Helios from 2005 designed by Kenichi Kawano. His love for designer labels like Balenciaga, Prada, and the likes is very much evident in the premium touches on his masterpieces, including those infused into this shoe.
Like its Gel siblings, the Asics Gel Kyrios embraces the heritage running aesthetic using synthetic leather and mesh layers. But unlike the performance-based runners, Kawano transformed this modernized kick with street style elements while incorporating the following plus factors.
- Breathable mesh fabric
- Rearfoot gel unit which minimizes impact on the heel
- Lightweight Flytefoam propel system for enhanced spring back and toe-off
- An aggressive outsole tread in a circular pattern to prevent slippage even when moving in different directions
Asics Gel Kyrios alongside other famous Gel siblings
- Asics Gel Lyte III offers a retro vibe much like the Gel Kyrios. But among the throwback Asics sneakers, this is one of the well-loved ones known for its split-tongue application, which offers a foot-hugging feel. The carved-out wave pattern on the Kyrios that wraps up to the rear side gives it a more fluid-like form versus the block of synthetic overlays on the Gel Lyte III.
- Asics Gel Kayano 5 OG stands out with the heel's visible Gel unit, which offers the same shock-absorbing benefits as the Gel Kyrios. If you fancy chunky soles, this shoe might suit you more than the Gel Kyrios.