Who should buy the Asics Gel Flux 4
- Ideal choice for budget-conscious mid-distance runners with neutral pronation who want a solid combination of quality and performance.
- Recommended for daily roadrunners and entry-level runners who want a resilient shoe that is energy efficient and comfortable.
Updates to the Asics Gel Flux 4
- Softer mesh with very open holes to create a two-way effect.
- The upper is significantly more breathable while the neutral running shoe has a more sock-like fit.
- Removal of the thick and stitched forefoot overlays reduces the risks of irritation and gives more breathing space in the forefoot.
- Added thin but welded overlays to help secure the midfoot and the forefoot.
Delivers durability and more traction
The outsole of the Gel Flux 4 is a standard Asics application like its latest version, the Gel Flux 5, where the sturdier AHAR rubber is located in areas that require more protection from wear and tear.
A softer blown rubber, called the DuraSponge is utilized in the forefoot for added cushioning and more traction.
Asics’ staple technology, the Guidance Line, or a substantial vertical cut that spans almost the entire outsole helps with the movement from the back to the forefoot of the running shoe. There are also substantial flex grooves in the forefoot for flexibility.
Gel Flux 4 provides lightweight responsive cushioning
The midsole is where Asics makes its name in the 4th version of the Flux. It houses two of Asics’ more popular technologies in the Gel cushioning system that is featured in the heel and the forefoot for more shock-absorption and the SpEVA foam for lightweight responsive cushioning.
Same as the popular Asics Gel Cumulus 20, the SpEVA covers the entire midsole of the Gel Flux 4 for quick and smooth transitions. Providing that trademark Asics midfoot integrity is the TPU-made Trusstic system.
Asics Gel Flux 4 offers breathable coverage
The upper is a very simple mix of very breathable mesh and supportive overlays. Asics uses a combination of stitched overlays near the heel for enhanced security while the midfoot and forefoot overlays are welded.
A very well-padded collar and tongue add plushness to the ride. The removable sockliner allows the runner to use his or her own orthotics.