Who should buy the Altra HIIT XT 1.5
Designed as a versatile CrossFit shoe, the HIIT XT 1.5 is an update to Altra's first cross-training shoe. Changes can be seen on the shoe intended to improve its comfortability and flexibility. It is a solid choice if:
- You are looking for a shoe that is pleasurable enough to be worn as a workout and day-to-day companion.
- You have a broad range of fitness routines such as heavy weight lifting, high-intensity training, running, plyometrics, and other activities carried out on all sorts of gym surfaces.
- You train in humid environments and need a shoe that helps maintain the foot cool and fresh through its moisture-wicking properties.
Updates to the Altra HIIT XT 1.5
- The shoe has claimed to have an improved upper design for a more pleasant in-shoe experience.
- The midsole unit of this iteration has been made softer and more flexible.
- This model carries a new range of color options.
The bottom of the shoe is wrapped in a rubber outsole which renders both protection and grip. Its lug pattern and a slip-resistant nature ensure grip on all sorts of gym surfaces. The rubber is also described as non-marking which implies that it doesn’t leave any scuffs or marks on the floor.
The side portions of the outsole protrude up to create walls on the lateral and medial sides. They deliver grip and protection during rope climbs and contribute to foot stability during side-to-side movements.
The Dual Layer EVA foam makes up the base platform of the HIIT XT 1.5. It is a sturdy, full-length compound which protects the foot from the impact associated with intensive workouts. At the same time, it is made to be firm enough to ensure stability during weightlifting exercises.
The removable PowerSole insert is an additional cushioning component. When the unit is inside, it enhances shock absorption and energy return needed for jumping and running. Removing the insole decreases the stack height of the platform from 24 mm to 18 mm. It creates a more grounded underfoot experience and boosts stability for weight training.
The Altra HIIT XT 1.5 uses the brand’s proprietary FootShape design in the construction of its upper. It features a noticeably wide toe box which provides ample space for the toes to spread inside the footwear. That way, the big toe remains in a straight position, allowing for an efficient toe-off during running and plyometrics.
The primary material used in the upper is a quick-dry air mesh. As the name suggests, it helps in wicking the sweat away from the interiors, keeping the foot fresh. The polyurethane overlays are placed in the areas that need support and protection against the wear-and-tear.
Snug heel collar
The generously padded heel collar and tongue ensure that the foot stays securely locked in. The fit can be adjusted with the help of the lace-up closure on the instep.
Inside, the shoe has a soft lining which delivers a smooth and irritation-free experience. The stitch-n-turn stitching at the bottom allows the footwear to be worn without an insole.