Who should buy the Aku Tribute II LTR
The Aku Tribute II LTR is a hiking boot with more pros than cons. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides protection against harsh outdoor conditions.
- Prefer a hiking boot that renders stability and enhances movement on the trails.
Updates to :name
- The Aku Tribute II LTR is made ready for damp and muddy trails. It retains the previous version’s 2.0 full-grain leather upper to protect against harsh outdoor conditions.
- It uses injection lasting to enable the polyurethane to adapt to the shape of the last, the Anatomical Fit. It works with a lasting board and an EVA footbed. The asymmetry on the sides of the boot is due to the Exoskeleton construction.
- From a Vibram Light Run, traction now comes from the Vibram Sendera outsole. Its facade includes an angled heel and evenly-spaced lugs.
Size and fit
A high-cut backpacking boot from Aku, the Tribute II LTR caters to men and women. It comes in standard sizes and medium width. It generally runs true to size. The last used, the Anatomical Fit, renders stability and enhances movement on the trails. The classic lace-up closure offers the user a customized fit.
The Aku Tribute II LTR uses Vibram Sendera for its outsole. The placement and spacing of the lugs provide a channel to drive out water, preventing slips.
Abrasion-resistant and flexible
Its angled heel acts as a brake while its rockered sole design grants a smooth stride. The brand also designed this sole to be abrasion-resistant and flexible.
Lightweight and supportive cushioning
The midsole of this backpacking boot is made of injected polyurethane (PU). Aku designers keep the last inside the boot from cooling to finishing to allow the PU to mold to the shape of the last. A lasting board, made of TPU, renders medium stiffness and adds support. The footbed used is made of EVA, a lightweight and plush material to deliver cushioning.
Grants stability and pronation control
The asymmetrical structure visible on the sides of the midsole is due to the Exoskeleton construction. Its inner side is wider and the medial area is higher. This design grants stability and pronation control.
Durable and robust
The Tribute II LTR is a hiking boot made of leather (a full-grain type with a thickness of 2.0 mm). The natural composition of the said material makes it durable and robust. Its appearance burnishes with time and use. Its collar and tongue are padded for comfort.
- Another version of this boot comes with a Gore-Tex lining.