Who should buy the Aku Conero NBK GTX
The Aku Conero NBK GTX seems to meet the basic requirements of hikers on and off the trail. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that delivers comfort and provides protection on the trails.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers uderfoot support and stability.
- Prefer a hiking boot that assist users in tackling uneven surfaces.
Updates to :name
- The Conero NBK GTX is traditional hiking boot that delivers comfort in medium-to-long distance hikes. It can also tackle mid-height mountain trails. Its nubuck upper, Gore-Tex laminate and full rubber rand work together to amplify protection on the trails.
- It comes with a Custom Fit insole which sits atop a lightweight EVA midsole, rendering a cushy ride. It is also equipped with a lasting board with medium stiffness for underfoot support and stability.
- This hiking boot employs a Vibram Foura outsole. Its aggressive profile assists users in tackling uneven surfaces.
Size and fit
The Aku Conero NBK GTX is a mid-cut, fairly true-to-size backpacking boot for men. It is available in standard (D) width and regular sizes. It uses the Anatomical Fit last which aims to provide stability and dynamic maneuvers even over the rockiest terrain. Finally, its traditional closure system allows users to adjust the overall fit of the boot.
Provides adaptability to various ground conditions
The Conero NBK GTX from Aku sports a Vibram Foura. It has medium height lugs which adapt to various ground conditions. These boots allow natural shedding of accumulated mud to prevent loss of grip on diverse terrain types.
Excellent braking ability
ts undercut heel assists backpackers during steep downhill slopes through its braking ability. Additionally, the asymmetrical design at the back of the foot aids in a more natural touchdown.
Quick-dry and shock absorbent
The hiker’s foot rests on a Custom Fit insole which is quick-drying and shock absorbent. It sits atop a bi-density die-cut ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole which takes care of cushioning, without the extra bulk.
On the other hand, to enhance support, a 6-4 mm nylon lasting board is added underfoot. It yields medium stiffness which helps stabilize each step.
Waterproof yet breathable
This mid-cut backpacking boot from Aku has nubuck (1.8 mm) leather which gives it a durable and velvety finish. It sports the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort laminate to promote protection against wet elements while still allowing the foot to breathe.
On-and off-trail security
Leather reinforcements are placed at the forefoot to the back of the boot to enhance its sturdiness and structure. Also, amplifying its on- and off-trail security is a 360-degree rubber rand.
To optimize comfort, the brand’s engineers designed it with a cushioned tongue and collar. Also, the notch near the toe and back of the leather boot allows the foot to flex with ease.
Aku Conero NBK GTX's lacing system
Its lacing system is comprised of metal hooks and loops and a round lace. It permits users to manage the boot’s overall fit.