Good to know
- The Air Jordan Trainer 2 Flyknit is a comfortable and lightweight workout shoe that is made for high-speed and intense training sessions. Style-wise, it has regurgitated the design elements of the previous Air Jordan Trainer 1, such as the iconic Jumpman logo, the clear outsole, and the elephant pattern.
- The construction of the Trainer 2 Flyknit has taken a departure from the previous iteration. Whereas the Air Jordan Trainer 1 had a mid-cut structure and an understated sleek and standard look, the new version is low-cut.
- The shoe now also has a seamless Flyknit upper. It is a fabric that offers stretchable support and breathability.
- It is secured with a Flywire-reinforced lacing system and a plastic mid-strap. It delivers additional support and lockdown.
The Air Jordan Trainer 2 Flyknit is a man’s cross-training shoe. It tends to run half-a-size smaller than the standard measurements. Thus, buyers are advised to get half-a-size bigger in order to acquire a more agreeable in-shoe experience. The width is available in D – Medium.
The Air Jordan Trainer 2 Flyknit has a geometric-textured outsole made of rubber. It aims to provide strong traction on various surfaces.
It is boosted with a low-profile Nike Zoom Air unit in the forefoot area. It serves as a responsive cushioning that protects the foot from the impact while giving a spring to each step.
Just like the Air Jordan shoes before it, it also has a Jumpman logo on the midfoot area of the outsole. It is surrounded by the Flightflex tri-star tread pattern, which improves flexibility and traction.
The midsole of the Air Jordan Trainer 2 Flyknit is made of Phylon. It is a lightweight, responsive, and low-profile material composed of EVA foam pellets.
This model is the first workout shoe from Jordan to employ Nike's proprietary Flyknit material. This seamless fabric is precisely engineered in the areas where ventilation, support, and stretch are needed the most for a lightweight and comfortable experience.
The footwear is locked down with a Flywire-reinforced lacing system to ensure that the foot stays in place regardless of movements. It is supplemented with an elephant-patterned and Jumpman logo-stamped mid-strap for a more secure fit.
Pull tabs are installed in the heel and medial parts. They are for making getting in and out of the shoe easier as it doesn’t have the traditional adjustable opening.
There is also a full inner-sleeve within to provide a sock-like comfort. It also absorbs moisture.
- At first glance, it is hard to tell that these two shoes come from the same line given all the differences in construction. The more recent version sports a sleeker silhouette along with a new upper design to provide a more comfortable in-shoe experience.
- The upper unit of the Trainer 3 is shaped to be more angled and sharp, featuring a shell-like cleatie collar. It also uses the new Hyperweave fabric for a more precise fit.