Who should buy the Adidas ZX 2K Boost
The Adidas ZX 2K Boost is an excellent choice for sneaker fans who:
- want a plush shoe
- are looking for a lightweight kick
- want to buy a great-value sneaker that can last a long time
Who should NOT buy it
Those craving a little more support underfoot may find the ZX 2K Boost a little too plush. For a more stable ride, consider the Adidas NMDs instead.
Don't worry, they practically look identical.
Adidas ZX 2K Boost vs Adidas NMDs
Because of their day-long comfort and trendy appeal, both these sneakers are usually compared and contrasted:
- Both sneakers use almost the same plastic heel tab with the Adidas Originals logo that holds the heel pull tab.
- On the upper, these trainers use breathable upper materials - knit on the NMDs while mesh on the ZX 2K Boost.
- The NMD does not have overlays on the forefoot, while the ZX 2K Boost brags its welded plastic overlay, enhancing the overall support and durability.
- These sneakers use Boost on the midsole but differ in the manner stability is offered. The NMDs have stability plugs, while the ZX 2K Boost has plastic-wrapped Boost on the heel.
Like pillows to the feet
Almost everyone agrees that the Adidas ZX 2K Boost delivers "cozy strides." Imagine the Ultraboost 2.0s but a cushier version of it.
That's how "soft the ZX 2K Boost is.
Elevate your style with the ZX 2K Boost
Reviewers find the shoe's color combinations "on point" and "chic." Even more, they say it's almost like a twin to the NMDs.
Doesn't tip the scales
When worn, it feels "airy." This is what wearers have to say about the Adidas ZX 2K Boost.
The Adidas ZX 2K Boost's heel can be taken down a notch
Several video reviewers mention that their heel feels "fatigued" due to the heel's height. They even compare it to the Nike Air Max 270s.
The Adidas Originals ZX 2K Boost is sold at $150. A price point that many critics find "insanely expensive."
Not for narrow feet
There's too much width and volume in the forefoot; narrow-footed users say their feet are moving too much.
A refreshed version of an iconic silhouette