Adidas ZG21: The brand's lightest spiked shoes
The introduction of the CodeChaos from the previous season aimed to be the lightest spikeless shoe in the market without compromising performance. It was a hit and was worn by heavy hitters in golf such as Dustin Johnson.
This time, with the release of the ZG21, they wanted to do this feat but with spiked golf shoes.
Adidas achieved weight reduction in every shoe aspect by using advanced materials such as Boost and Lightstrike cushioning.
What you'll enjoy in the ZG21:
In a nutshell, this model is a high-performance spiked golf shoe that's light without any compromises. Below are the specifics:
- Environment-friendly. This shoe's upper is made of 20% recycled materials.
- Responsive and supportive comfort. This shoe uses a hybrid Lightstrike and Boost midsole design that works well for walking and powerful swings.
- Customizable fit. The ZG21 is offered in either BOA or lace-up closure systems.
- Waterproof. The pair's waterproof Sprintskin will keep the foot dry and comfy no matter the weather.
- Secure footing. The size-cleat Thintech design offers excellent grip, foothold, and close-to-the-ground feel.
Good to know
- This model was debuted with the help of big-name golfers Collin Marikawa and Xander Schaufelle at the 2021 Sentry Tournament of Champions.
- Apart from them, the shoe has also been spotted by heavy hitters like Tyrrell Hattan and Dustin Johnson on the PGA Tour.