Good to know
- The dynamic Techfit compression in the upper gives the Adidas X 17.3 Firm Ground an edge when it comes to fit and comfort. The Techfit compression also allows efficient foot mobility.
- With an outsole designed for firm grounds, the X 17.3 provides speed and agility. The sole unit is also durable and performs well for a more satisfying experience.
- The cleat features a mid-cut design with a modern lace-up system, which is also adapted by the Adidas X 18.1 Firm Ground. This detail offers great stability. It helps players during transitional moves on the pitch. Fit and comfort are further enhanced by the soft inner textile lining and tongue-less upper design.
The X 17.3 Firm Ground is available in the standard sizes for both men and women. This cleat, however, runs a bit narrow. Users can expect a rather snug fit from this cleat since it utilizes a Techfit compression upper that offers a tight wrap around the foot.
The X 17.3 Firm Ground has a molded soleplate that is made from a durable synthetic material. This stud arrangement delivers exceptional traction on firm ground, as well as on artificial grass. It allows the soccer cleat to perform with balanced speed and agile intensity. It is also lightweight and is highly responsive.
The Adidas X 17.3 Firm Ground has a Techfit compression upper that offers an enhanced fit. It molds perfectly to the foot for a custom fit that is both comfortable and adaptable. It also provides a lockdown feel that requires no break in so players can play with agility from the first step.
Also in the upper is the lightweight FlyKnit material that offers superior ball touch. Whether on tight spaces or in an open field, this cleat delivers maximum control of the ball. It also offers flexibility and breathability.
The mid top design of this cleat utilizes a thick Neoprene padding on its collar to help improve stability. Its tongueless lace-up front, alongside with the anti-slip heel lining, secure the foot comfortably.
- The X 17.3 Firm Ground belongs to Adidas' Mercury pack that was first launched in May 2016.
- Among the players who wear the X line are Gareth Bale, Luis Suarez, and Kari Benzema.
- It weighs 8.4oz (238 grams).
- It also comes in an indoor variation, the Adidas X Tango 17.3 Indoor.