Good to know
- The Adidas X 17+ Purespeed Firm Ground features a newly redesigned Techfit upper that hugs the foot comfortably. It provides the foot a more customized fit. This material offers improved lockdown and a truer touch on the ball for maximum performance on the pitch.
- The soccer cleat also features the Non-Stop-Grip (NSG) technology on its upper. It provides control in all weather conditions. It works in combination with the Purecut sock system that conceals the laces for that non-bulky feel over the area that touches the ball. The result is a superior feel and control of the ball that will help execute that powerful strike. Additionally, the laceless design of this soccer cleat is also adapted by its successor, the X 18+ Firm Ground, though they differ much in overall design.
- Another added feature of the X 17+ Purespeed Firm Ground is the X heel lining that grips the foot for that secure lock-in during changes in direction. Moreover, superb traction on firm ground is provided by the lightweight Sprintframe outsole, allowing players to move with speed.
The Adidas X 17+ Purespeed FG sizes are in the standard length for both men and women. This soccer cleat fits true to size. Since it utilizes a knit mesh and TechFit technology on its upper, the X 17+ Purespeed delivers a soft and comfortable foot wrap.
The X 17+ Purespeed sports a Sprintframe outsole that is both light and flexible. This sole unit provides exquisite traction on the firm ground as well as on artificial turf. With a molded stud pattern that performs with a really good grip, this soccer cleat delivers stable speed and a balanced footwork.
This version also features the "S" curve heel that was first seen in the extremely popular Ultra Boost. The curve works to relieve pressure on the Achilles tendon for added comfort in the heel area.
Lining the upper of the Adidas X 17+ Purespeed is a soft knitted material that hugs the foot comfortably. The upper also utilizes a Techfit compression technology that molds to the foot for an excellent ball feel and a comfortable glove-like fit.
The soccer cleat adapts the Purecut sock system that is designed to cover the laces and give a clean, laceless look. More than just a visual feature, the lack of laces on the upper provides a bigger strike zone that can facilitate better, more powerful shots. The NSG micro texture on the upper is an added feature that guarantees superb ball control in any weather condition.
- The X 17+ Purespeed FG is used by the likes of Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale, and Thomas Muller.
- The cleat weighs 6.8 ounces (193 grams).
- It also comes in a soft ground version, the Adidas X 17+ Purespeed Soft Ground.