Good to know
The Adidas x White Mountaineering NMD_R2 PK is available in both genders' sizing. This model has the molded EVA inner midsole for added comfort atop the ultra-responsive Boost midsole. Meanwhile, the Primeknit upper hugs the feet comfortably, reinforced with a lace-up fastening system for a secure fit.
The low-top Adidas White Mountaineering NMD_R2 displays the signature streetwear fashion of the Japanese brand and the NMD_R2 to deliver a chic model that will surely boost its wearer's overall appearance.
Adidas presents this in three colorways - core black/cloud white, trace olive, and collegiate navy. The upper is made of ultra-adaptive Primeknit giving its wearers light fit and stylish look. To complete the look, this collaboration added a reflective label on the tongue and the co-branded 3-Stripes found across the forefoot.
Here are a few of our suggestions on how to style the Adidas x WM NMD_R2:
- For a seriously casual yet stylish look, pair this model up with a crisp, white V-neck shirt and dark-colored jogger pants.
- An overcoat, be it camel or black hue, over a printed tee or button-down shirt paired with blue jeans will give its wearers an amazing and daring ensemble, suitable for any occasion.
- For a smart yet laidback look, some wearers could be seen sporting this model with rolled-up chinos with playfully printed and colored top.
- For ladies, combine this sneaker with their leggings, skinnies, or shorts with oversized hoodies for that sporty/chic look.
- Some also strut this shoe with a tracksuit for authentic athletic, gym-ready getup.
White Mountaineering injected a few of its signature elements to the NMD_R2 to come up with a unique pair of fashionable kicks. Few times in the reviews, several buyers and fanatics applauded the White Mountaineering details which they consider the highlight of this model.
One detail that caught the attention of the buyers is the reflective 3-Stripe found across the forefoot. These stripes feature the "White Mountaineering" print on each stripe adding a bold hint to this high-performance footwear.
Another unique detail is the reflective Adidas and White Mountaineering triangle tab found on the heel tab. This large plate supports the heel tab that will aid its users in putting on this footwear.
Renowned Adidas designer Nic Galway thought of engineering footwear that will suit the lifestyle of Nomads or members of a community that are in constant travel. He conceptualized a sports-inspired sneaker that will fit the lifestyle scene.
The Adidas NMD line
Galway took details from the classic Adidas silhouettes such as the Micro Pacer, Rising Star, and the Boston Super, and modernized it to make it noticeable even from afar. Adidas came up with a minimalist look, currently recognized as the Adidas NMD.
The Adidas NMD was introduced in 2015 under the Adidas Originals sub-brand and became one of the most exciting silhouettes under the Adidas umbrella. It seamlessly turned as one of the most sought-after models for its versatile appeal and excellent comfort that conforms to the lifestyle of people who are always on the move.
The first in the line of NMD collection is the NMD_R1 that features a running-inspired look but designed to win the lifestyle fashion. Adidas used Boost cushioning to capitalize on the comfort with a straightforward look to boost its versatility.
To keep up with the popularity of Adidas NMD, the brand unveiled several versions of the NMD to introduce to its extensive array of followers. One of them is the Adidas Originals NMD_R2, the updated version of the first in the NMD lineage, the R1.
The Adidas NMD_R2 features a reworked version of the R1 to give its wearers a better shoe fit and feel. It has a Primeknit material on the upper and kept the Boost midsole. The brand took the lateral NMD plugs off and added a big plug situated on the medial side. Although this pair did not turn as popular as its ancestor, it has received its fair share of good reviews from various walks of life.
Meanwhile, Japanese brand White Mountaineering, known for its minimalist designs of outdoor-inspired merchandise, first announced its collaboration with the Three Stripes in 2015, joining the ranks of other popular brands, such as Yohji Yamamoto, Raf Simons, and Rick Owens.
The Adidas x White Mountaineering partnership was able to come up with various collections since then, and one of it is the Adidas Originals White Mountaineering NMD_R2, launched in April 2017 for the Spring collection.
- The Adidas Boost technology is considered the most responsive cushioning of the brand. It is made of TPU or Thermoplastic Polyurethane that compresses and absorbs shock effectively. This material bounces back to its original shape to maximize the energy return.
- The rubber outsole of the Adidas Originals NMD_R2 White Mountaineering has a hexagonal shape that allows the Boost to expand while absorbing shock from the wearers.