|Features:||Lightweight | Breathable | Orthotic friendly|
|Weight:||Men: 350g | Women: 305g|
|Width:||Normal | Normal, Wide|
|Material:||Mesh upper, Rubber sole|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey|
|SKUs:||BC0972, BC0973, BC0974, BC0975, EE6566, EE6567|
- Adidas designed the Terrex Eastrail to give outdoor enthusiasts lightweight comfort and performance for day hikes. Its predominantly mesh upper is manufactured with a breathable liner, making it suitable for warm environments.
- It has a lightweight midsole made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) which delivers cushioning on uneven trails. The shoe’s Traxion rubber outsole allows wearers to traverse most types of terrain with minimal slippage.
The Adidas Terrex Eastrail is a low-top shoe crafted for male and female hikers. Its conventional lace-up closure aids wearers in achieving a secure and customized fit. The overlays in the ankle area deliver ample support.
This hiking-specific shoe from Adidas features a Traxion rubber outsole. It uses wedge-shaped boots to render optimal grip on soft surfaces. The boot’s tapered construction grants minimal pressure points on the user’s foot. Its rear end contains a few grooves which offer stopping power on downhill slopes. The sole’s front end extends upwards for added trail protection.
A lightweight EVA midsole is integrated into the Adidas Terrex Eastrail to create a cushy and responsive ride for users. It also gives stability and shock absorption when traversing uneven terrain. A molded sockliner works in conjunction with the midsole to grant extra support and comfort underfoot.
The Adidas Terrex Eastrail’s below-the-ankle upper is primarily made of mesh fabric. This material imbues the upper with lightness and breathability. It is reinforced with synthetic overlays for added durability. The upper’s front end features a toe cap to prevent the user’s foot from being stubbed.
Its lace-up closure consists of a round lace and combination eyelets. These components work together to help the wearer manage the fit. It also uses a padded collar and tongue to provide extra comfort.
Both the Adidas Terrex Eastrail and its waterproof sibling, the Adidas Terrex Eastrail GTX, are designed to give comfort and performance during day hikes. They sport the same mesh upper, EVA midsole, and Traxion outsole. The only difference between these two hiking shoes is the inclusion of a Gore-Tex membrane in the Terrex Eastrail GTX.
The brand equipped this hiking shoe with a Gore-Tex Extended Comfort liner. This laminate is engineered to prevent water intrusion. It is constructed with breathability as the focus and can handle high-aerobic activities. It also allows excess heat and perspiration to pass through. Outdoorsy individuals who need a lightweight pair of hikers that can offer waterproofness and breathability may want to consider the Adidas Eastrail GTX. As for hikes that won’t involve wet trails, the breathable version will suffice.
In order for these hiking shoes to last, proper care and maintenance must be given. As such, here are several steps from Adidas to preserve the quality of the Terrex Eastrail.
- Use a soft-bristled brush and gently remove traces of mud and dirt on the shoe.
- Mix mild soap with warm water to eliminate stains. Use a piece of cloth to apply the mixture onto the Adidas Terrex Eastrail.
- Leave the newly-cleaned pair in a well-ventilated spot to dry. Never place them near a direct source of heat, such as sunlight, to prevent any loss in quality.
- Inserting several pieces of crumpled newspaper inside the Adidas Terrex Eastrail may speed up the drying process.
- Apply a small amount of baking soda on the insoles. This will prevent any unpleasant odor from building up.
- Remove the shoe’s laces and clean them separately. They can be washed by hand or cleaned using a laundry machine.
- Outdoor enthusiasts who require water protection might want to take a look at the Adidas Terrex Eastrail GTX, a waterproof version of this shoe. More details about this footgear can be found below.
- Buyers who need an above-the-ankle pair may consider getting new hiking boots. Some examples that can be worth exploring are the Keen Targhee III Waterproof Mid and Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator Mid. The featured product is also available in a mid-top, watertight version.