Adidas Madoru 2.0
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
89% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Updates to Adidas Madoru 2.0
- Adidas brings out the best in their “budget” shoes most of the time. In the 2nd installment of the Madoru, a more breathable upper and a new design that mimics one of its top models will certainly create a larger than usual following for an inexpensive shoe.
- Style comes as the most obvious change in the neutral running shoe. Fans of Adidas will notice that it somehow resembles one of its most expensive and top of the line casual shoes just like the Adidas Pure Boost. The upgrade will certainly boost the popularity of the Madoru 2.0 as those who are working on a budget will definitely choose the less expensive shoe with performance in running an added boost.
- When it comes to performance, the more durable and breathable upper is already a guarantee of a more long-lasting performance and a more ventilated ride as the miles go on. The new mesh is more open with wider holes.
- The outsole is completely modified. In this 2nd iteration of the Madoru, there is now a web of micro lugs in the forefoot and halfway through the midfoot for enhanced cushioning. A large midfoot cut provides added flexibility.
- The heel tab in the new version is also larger than the previous one for more convenience and ease in putting on or taking off the shoe.
Size and fit
The fit of the 2nd edition is very much the same as the original model. It has consistently average space in the heel, the midfoot, and the forefoot. There is also sufficient volume in the toe box for more breathability and plush comfort. Medium and wide are the available widths of this shoe. Sizing is standard with options 6 to 14 for the men’s and 4 to 11 for the women’s.
The outsole is covered in durable carbon rubber all throughout. It has enough traction for road running, even in wet conditions. Adidas uses a full contact outsole for a more effective transition and enhanced durability. The micro lugs in the outsole provide the needed grip on the road. There is a large midfoot cut that is complemented by one near the forefoot for flexibility.
Adidas’ proprietary Supercloud midsole runs the whole length of the shoe for better transition from the back to the front. It is made of lightweight EVA that has Adidas-exclusive technologies that make it more plush and durable.
The upper is glaringly very breathable. Besides the open mesh, the leather-like rib cage is dotted with holes forming the 3 Stripes logo for even more breathability. The rib cage holds the foot down for security and durable support. A traditional lace-up closure clinches the fit throughout the run.