- Apparent with its unique name, the firm ground soccer cleat is considered to be a hybrid of the two iconic lines from Adidas - the Copa and the Gloro. The most valued elements from each series are merged into one firm ground soccer cleat, producing a one of a kind heritage cleat.
- The classic vibe starts off with the upper which features a Taurus full grain calf leather material. The natural leather is known for its water absorption and abrasion-resistant qualities, as opposed to the less water-resistant Kangaroo leather upper of soccer cleats such as the Nike Premier II Firm Ground, Copa 17.1 and the original Gloro cleat.
- To complete the old-school style of the low top soccer cleat, a flap tongue is installed above the central lacing system. The tongue features an elastic strap that can be wrapped around at any point on the soleplate, depending on one’s preference. It aids in adding more comfort from the midfoot and in enhancing ball touch by covering the laces.
- A deviation from the classic features is the flexible modern-looking plate designed with a translucent material. The semi-transparent polymer shows an outline of the Adidas World Cup cleat’s soleplate. It is composed of conical studs that work best in rotational maneuverability.
The Adidas Copa Gloro 17.2 FG is available in sizes ranging from 6 to 13.5 in men’s version only. The premium Taurus upper offers a comfortable sensation that would require longer break-in time. It is also important to note that the toe area runs small and tight according to the majority of users. It is recommended to go for one size up when purchasing these cleats.
The plate is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) which allows for a flexible movement, especially around the toe area. The flex plate with full conical studs is built for push-off motions and change of directions.
Five conical studs line up both perimeters with one stud positioned in the center of the forefoot area. This configuration is identical to the Copa 17.1 firm ground cleats. The stud arrangement enhances rotational movements.
The Adidas Copa Gloro 17.2 Firm Ground offers a premium vamp sensation through the Taurus material. It is specifically a full grain calf leather that is ideal for rain or shine conditions due to its water absorption characteristic. The toe box area of the natural leather is designed with debossed stitches to avoid overstretching and to improve ball touch.
The symmetrical laces serve as the cleat’s fastening system along with the classic fold-over tongue on top. The tongue is extended with an elastic strap to do away with the unstable flapping. The strap can be stretched in different ways based on personal preference.
The low top soccer cleat has the Adidas stripes embroidered on both sides while the Copa trademark is printed on the heel area.
- The Copa Gloro 17.2 is available in the following colorways: Core Black- Infrared -Infrared, Core Black, Running White-Running White, Silver Metallic-Footwear White-Solar Red, Core Black-Energy Blue
- The Adidas Copa Gloro weighs 9.25 ounces.
Size and fit
How Copa Gloro 17.2 Firm Ground compares
1 shoes (0.53% of shoes)
2 shoes (1% of shoes)
0 shoes (0% of shoes)
6 shoes (3% of shoes)
11 shoes (6% of shoes)
24 shoes (13% of shoes)
32 shoes (17% of shoes)
43 shoes (23% of shoes)
53 shoes (28% of shoes)
17 shoes (9% of shoes)
12 shoes (6% of shoes)
35 shoes (19% of shoes)
26 shoes (14% of shoes)
20 shoes (11% of shoes)
9 shoes (5% of shoes)
18 shoes (10% of shoes)
31 shoes (16% of shoes)
19 shoes (10% of shoes)
13 shoes (7% of shoes)
6 shoes (3% of shoes)